X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Matt — Myakka City Florida USA
  • Consolidated Heating and Air 6441 19th St. E., Ste B1 Sarasota, Florida USA

Consolidated Heating and Air coolusnow.com Air Conditioning Repair SCAM Sarasota Florida

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

This could save you a lot of money by reading. If I could give 0 stars I would. Here's the story. You decide if you want to work with these guys. I know this is long: I Have a lot to say on the matter.

5 years ago I had them install a new system. They gave me a good price, all seemed well. 10 years warranty so I felt I was in good shape. It all went down hill when Michael started servicing my system. Every year I had a problem. So convenient that parts were covered but the labor charges weren't. Every year the system cost me an extra $250 here, $500 there. I was frustrated to say the least. This last week my system went out again. I could tell the compressor wasn't kicking on so I call them up. They get out here same day. (Today) Here's the story:

Michael says your system is shot. I ask what he means. He says the wire coils are completely melted in the compressor. Seems very odd to me so I press a bit further. He starts speaking gibberish. It just sounds off. But he says we can get you a used unit (outside only) installed today for $2,000. I have 3 little kids and this controls the outside so I get him to agree to $1800 and get it done. But then I started looking around online and doing some research.

Within 30 min their truck arrives (Mind you I live over 30 minutes from their office) so it is starting to feel staged. The unit the guy has on the truck doesn't match, isn't even a heat pump. So I tell him to leave and come back when he has what I want. I proceed to play the phone call game.

While I'm feeling more and more like a scam is going down I decide to call in a second opinion. If this guy says the same thing then ok, $100 for peace of mind and on my way. Within 10 minutes the tech from D&W had tested a new capacitor (which was confirmed under warranty) and had the AC back up and running. So a warranty call covered the repair on what appeared to be the simplest part to test and replace.

Can you say scam in the works! So I canceled payment on my check right away. I called Manatee Sheriff's Office as well because I have paperwork sitting in front of me stating they were going to replace the outside unit only. (They will not issue a permit for this and this work requires a permit) so can you say Illegal? I suppose they'll have fun when the detectives come knocking with my canceled check and this copy of the receipt stating what they were going to do. On top of that I was told to make the check out personally to Keith (The owner) so you tell me if this is on the up and up. I'm guessing the IRS might like to know about his lifestyle a bit as well. I think they'll be my next call.

Where it really bothers me is that I've had Michael out here to work on my system a couple of other times and it just seemed like what he charged me for was BS. I couldn't prove it back then either. But I know I dropped $500+ last year for a valve and a whole bunch of R410.

My hopes is that people will see these reviews and go elsewhere for their HVAC needs. Consolidated may have some good guys working there: but I can guarantee the owner and a few of his guys are doing some really dirty stuff on the side. I'm glad I caught it before I was out $1800 and then turning around to deal with a whole new system if we sell our house.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2016 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/consolidated-heating-and-air/sarasota-florida-34243/consolidated-heating-and-air-coolusnowcom-air-conditioning-repair-scam-sarasota-florida-1307278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair