X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Construction P. Baccichet et fils - Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu Quebec

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Christoph — Quebec Canada
  • Construction P. Baccichet et fils
    169 De ronsard
    Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec
    Canada

Construction P. Baccichet et fils Construction Pierre Baccichet and sons Pierre Oliver Baccichet Construction Pierre Baccichet and sonsJean Pierre Baccichet I completed work, work not done within timely manner. Ignoring calls. Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu Quebec

*Consumer Suggestion: CONSTRUCTION P. BACCICHET ET FILS ARE CROOKS

Consumer warning to anybody looking to get work done by Construction Pierre Baccichet and Sons. I contacted them to do some roofing on my 73 year old mother's house, And to do some framing for me on a garage in september of 2016. He offered me a price of 23000 dollars to side the house and the garage but informed me that if I paid cash it would only be 20k. Unfortunately, he was paid in advance (my mistake).

He said he was giving me a good price because things were slowing down and his "crews” had no work during the winter. They started work on 10/25/16 and periodically showed up and worked between two and four hours a day. When hunting (deer season) started he was nowhere to be found December came by and I think they showed up once to finish my mother’s house.

The roofing had been completed but they hadn’t started the framing My wife and I had to call him on numerous occasions to see if he was going to come out and do the job. [continued below]....

..... First his excuse for not coming out was that he was busy in other jobs and it was too cold to work most days. In January we called him and he said he would have the job completed by the end of February or sooner if the weather permits.

February past and we called him back. Said he had a heart attack. His wife said if I didn't believe this she would have the "crew leader" drop off his medical records. I didn't tell her that I read medical records for a living. I also asked why his crew couldn’t do the job without him he said they didn’t have the experience to do framing jobs without him. Anyway, he didn't show up in February and was called and promised to have the job completed by the first two weeks in March. Never happened.

By summer of 2017 I grew extremely frustrated and started showing up at their offices but he was never there. At this point the excuse was he has had a stroke. I didn't hire him, I hired his company. Interesting fact is that on his business card he states that he builds custum homes and additions but I have never seen any proof they are capable of it except some generic photos on their website that could’ve been taken by anybody.

They stopped picking up my calls completely in 2018 and when I called from different numbers they would pick up until they heard the voice of my wife or I... I have recently hired a lawyer to put in a lawsuit which is just costing me more money for the time being and I wouldn’t want anybody else to go through the nightmare I have experienced.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2018 03:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/construction-p-baccichet-et-fils/saint-jean-sur-richelieu-quebec-j2w-2j2/construction-p-baccichet-et-fils-construction-pierre-baccichet-and-sonspierre-oliver-ba-1463598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

CONSTRUCTION P. BACCICHET ET FILS ARE CROOKS

AUTHOR: Raul Ruiz - (Canada)

POSTED: Friday, October 05, 2018

We hired  CONSTRUCTION P. BACCICHET ET FILS for some work and was a nightmare Never finished job as hired and promised to do. Left ropes on my roof as well as did not replace lightning rods. Never came back to put gutters on as well. Did not respond to numerous texts and calls. Horrible. Once paid never responded to text, call etc.. Stay away from those thief's f you don't want headache adn pay two times for the job.;