Complaint Review: Continental Express - Express Moving Company - Fremont California
- Continental Express - Express Moving Company 47531 Warm Spring Blvd. Fremont, California U.S.A.
- Phone: 510-979 0291
- Category: Moving Companies
Continental Express - Express Moving Company Professional scammers. Don't agree or sign to have them pack items, as they go overboard to charge hundreds extra. Fremont California
File a complaint with the CPUC and BBB
My experience with Continental Express, aka, Express Moving Company did not live up to the description of professionalism and customer service described on their website.
My most significant complaints are these:
1. Neither the written quote nor any conversation provided by Continental Express employee Eric Henderson mentioned a $175 arehouse handling fee. My research shows that warehouse fees are incurred when a client requests storage. I have attached the quote, and the revised written estimate form which was used to add this fee. I called four times and requested to speak with Eric about my concern since his initial correspondence with me promised he would be my representative throughout the moving process, but was never allowed to speak with him. Adam told me that after the sale Eric is no longer available to the customer, and that he is sure that the fee was mentioned to me on the phone. I also sent emails about my concerns that went unanswered.
2. The movers crossed out the information on the packing materials charges form that said tape is included on cross country move prices and charged me for $31.50 for nine rolls. They removed bungee cords on Rubbermaid bins, in order to use tape. Adam told me it must have been an cold form.
3. They also cut up dishpacks to wrap a refrigerator in cardboard. This fee of $54.99 may be reasonable when they use their time and talents to pack a box of dishes. However, I dont think anyone would think that using five cut up dishpacks to wrap an old refrigerator to net an additional $274.95 to be ethical.
4. A sixth dishpack was cut up to wrap a small bistro table. Your staff then wrapped it in shrink wrap. So, in addition to the weight of the table I was charged $54.99 for the cardboard and $24.99 to shrink wrap it, or $79.98. This charge was in addition to the 57 cents a pound to ship across the country. Insurance on your items will pay you back 60 cents a pound....
I removed framed poster art from the items to move, when I became aware of the fee if $24.99 per item. The moving men were not willing to put more than one framed piece in a box. I also pulled back 2 dining chairs from Target and asked if it was going to be $25 each to wrap them? The response was, Dont worry about it. I was indeed charged $25 each to wrap them
This usury method of pricing may be a pattern with Continental Express. They nearly doubled my written quote by adding $700 worth of wrapping services, and a bogus fee never included on the quote or website.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2008 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/continental-express-express-moving-company/fremont-california-94539/continental-express-express-moving-company-professional-scammers-dont-agree-or-sign-to-340145. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.