Report: #662056

• Reported By: Firstboomer — Orlando Florida United States of America
  • Cover Shield

Los Angeles, California
    United States of America

Cover Shield 1usapowerseller Lifetime Warranty Is A Joke!!! Los Angeles, California

Purchased a car cover 6/26/10 for my son's birthday in late July.  Paid $17.99 + $11.95 = $29.94 for a car cover described as having a lifetime warranty.  Great deal, right?. . .Wrong!!!!  My son had the cover on his car for approximately two months when it ripped (and basically rotted).  I contacted Cover Shield via email and their reply was that they have never heard of this happening before (an obvious lie based on similiar reports filed on this website) and that thy would replace the cover 'free' if I paid a shipping charge of $25!!!!  Are you kidding me!!! When I told them this was unexpectable they refused to reply to my subsequent email complaints.  I tried to file a formal complaint with Ebay, however, as anyone who tries to do this will find, Ebay will not assist a buyer with a complaint on a product purchased more than 60 days preivously.  After reading some blogs I find that it is a common practice for some Ebay Sellers to 'run out the clock' so a buyer cannot file a formal complaint with Ebay.  I recently tried to visit the Cover Shield Store and found that they have blocked me Ebay login name.  Having purchased over 250 items via Ebay this is the first company I've ever run in to that really does ultimately misrepresent their products, both in quality and warranty.  I also discovered that Ebay's 60 day rule is really an enabling policy designed to benefit these type of companies.  Bottomline:  Do Not Buy Anything From Cover Shield. . .and if you do. . .Buyer Beware!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2010 09:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cover-shield/los-angeles-california-/cover-shield-1usapowerseller-lifetime-warranty-is-a-joke-los-angeles-california-662056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content