X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Daniel Jones, DBA Sublime Designs, LLC - Ft. Lauderdale, FL Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Miami Florida
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Daniel Jones, DBA Sublime Designs, LLC 801 SW 4th Court Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Florida U.S.A.

Daniel Jones, DBA Sublime Designs, LLC Demanded Deposit before a written estimate was given, Extremley rude and unprofessional Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I asked Daniel Jones, DBA, Sublime Designs, LLC to come to my home in order for him to give me 3 possible estimates for landscaping my yard. I already had a layout drawn out and simply wanted in writing what he could produce for 3 different pricing tiers. He scribbled some numbers on a sheet of paperafter we discussed in detail some options for different areas.
This gave me a general idea on price,he then asked for a deposit in order to get started on a "Design".

I asked him if he could please provide me in writing what I was getting for the money at each level, line by line. He flatly refused and said he does not do any estimates unless given a 10% deposit along with a signed contract. I told him i could not give him a deopsit until I discussed this with my husband, and had something formal in writing to show him. Besides this how would I give him a deposit based on 10% of the overall price of the project if I did not know what I was going to spend???

He was extremly rude and walked away and said flatly that he does not want to waste his time. I have been in the service business for many years and I have never once charged a client for an estimate, or a consultation.

I believe his practices are decietful and not to mentions completley unprofessional.

The contract he provided me did not even have any figures on it, I was remiss to sign any agreement with out having numbers that could be referred to in the future. Not to mention, what was my protection against him running away with my deposit?

Professional
Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2008 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/daniel-jones-dba-sublime-designs-llc/ft-lauderdale-fl-florida-33312/daniel-jones-dba-sublime-designs-llc-demanded-deposit-before-a-written-estimate-was-give-316921. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair