Complaint Review: Data Line Credit Corp Norm Rodgers - Huntington Beach California

• Submitted: Thu, March 25, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, July 23, 2005
  • Reported By: lakewood California
  • Data Line Credit Corp Norm Rodgers
    18652 Florida Street
    Huntington Beach, California

Data Line Credit Corp Norm Rodgers ripoff Huntington Beach California

*Consumer Suggestion: You are right!!!

Had an account turned over to this organization for collection. We did not file the necessary paperwork with the DMV after the sale of a car-We have accepted the fact that this is the price we have to pay for this error. I refinanced and my lender paid off all of my bills. Data Line received the payment but I got a notice saying there was still a balance on the account.?.

I called and spoke to Norm Rogers (an obvious alias, he could be Sam Smith tomorrow). I am in this business (collections) and I am so sorry this conversation took place. It is people like Mr. Rogers who give this entire industry a bad name. He was indignant, rude, confrontational, everything but professional. After I hung up I actually visualized this guy sitting in his chair, bald, 4 ft 9, around 320, sitting back and feeling like he won another victory by speaking to someone like they were the scum of the earth.

If he could have explained the answer to my question without telling me "we've spent hours and money sending out notices, you knew the balance, you called in and asked for it" and never answering it they could get paid so much quicker.

This is a very sad organization who is relying on scare tactics instead of professionalism to get an account paid off.

Mrs. A
lakewood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2004 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/data-line-credit-corp-norm-rodgers/huntington-beach-california-92647/data-line-credit-corp-norm-rodgers-ripoff-huntington-beach-california-85441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You are right!!!

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

You are absolutely correct on your description of this man....The worst part of this is, he used to be the planning commissioner for the City of Huntington Beach, and the city still allows this man to do business here. He is a disgrace to our community.