X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Delta Vanlines - Hallandale Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Aaron — Pasadena California United States of America
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Delta Vanlines 211 NW 5th Ave Hallandale, Florida United States of America

Delta Vanlines MC# 419849 - USDOT# 1164414 They Will Not Move You Themselves, They Collect a Premium for their "Reputation" and then Sell You To A Horribly Reputed Mover Hallandale, Florida

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

We hired Delta for our move, and have had the following horrible experiences:

1. Delta Van Lines is an A+ rated company with the BBB and has a multitude of positive reviews with other consumer review sites (Google, Yelp, etc). This is why we selected them. They subcontracted our job to Moving Central who has a C rating with BBB and many horrific reviews with other consumer sites without our permission or knowledge. We did not find out until 3 guys showed up in a Budget moving truck on the day of our pickup with a piece of notebook paper taped on the side that said Moving Central.

2. We chose Delta based upon a $7695 non-binding estimate because of their reputation. We chose not to use Budget, who had given us a $6485 estimate for the same inventory list because of their reputation. At our pickup, we were informed that the reason Moving Central came in a Budget truck is because they also handle Budget's moves. Thus we believe we could have contracted the EXACT same move through Budget for $1210 less - but we chose not to because we wanted an A+ experience not a C to F experience. Budget is F with BBB and has many bad reviews.

3. At our pickup, Moving Central forced us to sign a revised non-binding estimate for $9700 or else they would not load the truck. We had already given Delta an $800 deposit for a $7695 non-binding estimate. The Moving Central driver also attempted to collect the $9700. I refused so he called his dispatch, and in the end we only paid the $7695. However, this was clearly an attempt to collect more than the 110% allowed by law, and we were obliged to sign this estimate or they would not load.

4. At the end of our pickup, after our belongings were loaded, we were forced to sign a paper that gave Moving Central until August 23 to deliver us. At the time of giving Delta the $800 deposit, we had agreed to terms of no later than August 14.

5. Moving Central dispatch called us on July 30 and told us we would be delivered between August 1-5. We experienced no call, no show service during that entire period. I attempted to contact both companies on August 4 including direct lines to Moving Central dispatch, but no one returned messages left. On August 6, I finally reached both Delta and Moving Central and neither company had an explanation. Also, neither company admitted any wrong doing, nor did they offer and apology. Delta also told me that I had not been lied to, even though this is the very definition of a lie.

6. Delta then told me that I could be lying about not being called between August 1-5.

7. On August 8 we were delivered and many of our things are damaged. Our mattress is ruined as it was plastic-wrapped instead of boxed, even though I specifically requested a box and one was included in the estimate from Delta at the time of giving them the $800 deposit. Antique furniture is broken - wooden panels split completely in half, hand-carved details broken off, paint ruined, etc. Our dry-cleaning, which we careful packed in expensive wardrobe boxes, arrived piled up at the bottom of the boxes as the wardrobes were smashed in half and none of the hanging bars in tact. Wine glasses packed in dishpacks are broken, pictures wrapped in bubble wrap and boxes marked "fragile - glass" broken.

In the end, we were delivered by the date we agreed to at the point of sale and for the price we agreed to at the point of sale. Thus, our official complaints involve excessive damage to property and horrific customer service, which includes being deceived by being sold from an A+ company to a C/F company and being lied to about our delivery date, then stood up without a call, email, or apology.

In the meantime, we have done further research into Delta. Beware, there are other complaints that claim an investigation has shown Delta is a company that closes every time it receives a poor consumer rating and then reopens under a new name to escape their reputation. They are completely unapologetic and rude. They then pretend like this is all supposed to be normal customer service in the moving business. I have moved with several other companies, and none of them have treated me like this nor caused excessive damage to my property. They are clearly a front to collect a "top-tier" premium but deliver bottom-tier service. Go with the big-name, big-box company that you know has been in business for 40+ years under the same name. They have never done me wrong, and my attempt to save a couple hundred dollars was not worth it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2012 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/delta-vanlines/hallandale-florida-33009/delta-vanlines-mc-419849-usdot-1164414-they-will-not-move-you-themselves-they-collect-927826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair