Complaint Review: El Cid Vacations Club - Cozumel

• El Cid Vacations Club
    Carretera Chancanaab; Kilometro 4.5
    Cozumel,
    Mexico

My wife and I purchased a timeshare agreement from El Cid Vacations Club while we were in Mazatlan, Mexico in March 2008. When we submitted our notice that we intended to cancel the contract three days after it was signed, El Cid's representatives agreed to amend the contract, and the following provisions were agreed in writing, in an amendment to the contract: (1) we were to receive the full value of an Alaskan cruise for 4 people in July 2009; (2) we were to receive a full week in a condo in Arizona in May 2008; (3) we were to receive a credit of US$3300 for depositing our condo week into their program in 2008.

We paid $12,530 toward this purchase, but have discontinued making payments toward the full purchase price of $18,790 when we realized that El Cid Vacations Club would not honor their commitments. First, we tried to get them to book the Arizona vacation. I received an email (the only written response I have received from this company, other than payment due notices) from their representative Alfonso telling me that I had to borrow a week from the future in order to book this week. I responded that this was not what had been promised. I received no response to a letter written in April 2008 requesting how these three items would be addressed, and tried dozens of times to contact them through their "help desk" 1-800 number, but they would not address the problem nor return phone calls. The last straw was that I tried in June to book the Alaskan cruise through their cruise specialist. The cruise specialist tried to help, but she informed me that El Cid Vacations Club would not approve the cruise booking. At this point (mid June, 2008), I sent a letter by registered mail to the official address for notices and correspondence as per my agreement . I told El Cid Vacations Club that I considered the contract to be terminated due their lack of performance and requested my money back.

I have submitted a complaint with PROFECO, which has been accepted, but no mediation has been scheduled. I have had no response to my letters to this company. Their US representative (collection agent) called a few times after I stopped making any payments. I told him of the problems I was having, and he said he would send emails to his company and he asked me to contact their "help desk". I did contact the "help desk" and was told that I could expect a call back the next day. That was about a month ago, and there has been no call and no correspondence other than billing notices. I know the registered letter was received since I have the return receipt.

I find it incredible that a large company would embark on such a conspiracy of not responding to complaints nor acknowledging their written promises. I hope anyone considering buying anything from El Cid Vacations Club will learn from my experience, and avoid these people like the plague.

Traveller
Birmingham, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2008 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/el-cid-vacations-club/cozumel/el-cid-vacations-club-these-lying-liars-will-not-honor-their-signed-written-promises-or-re-365131. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
6Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Deby - (United States)

I've spent a lot of money and i was scammed by other companies trying to cancel my timeshare.
My advice is that if you're going to hire a company to help you with the problem, DO NOT PAY ANYTHING UPFRONT, because it use to be a fraud.
I did a research on internet and i found some interesting articles, i recommend you to read this one:

AUTHOR: Sunshine - (Canada)

We have just purchased from El Cid Morelas and are looking for advice on whether or not to use the 5 day buyers remorse window. Their apparent lack of service is disturbing, as is the misrepresentation by their sales reps. After such a lengthy and descriptive complaint, it would be useful to hear what your settlement involved and why you are now happy. Did you decide to stay with El Cid Vacations Club? Have you used their services since? Or did you get a monetary settlement of some sort? Please elaborate.

Settlement reached with El Cid Vacations Club

AUTHOR: Traveller - (U.S.A.)

El Cid Vacations worked with me to resolve the differences I had with them, and I am happy and satisfied with the result.