Complaint Review: EMRO - Roslyn Heights New York
EMRO EScreen, Alere Falsification of Pre-employment Drug Screen Results Roslyn Heights New York
Where to Start 1) approximately 15 days ago I went to a testing facility for a pre-employment drug screen. The results were scheduled to be available in 72 hours. The day that I went in I had been working at my home and I had been re-fiberglassing the bottom of my tub and I had both fiberglass and fiberglass resin residue on my hands. I washed my hands as requested by the testing administrator and then, I went in and filled the container provided as requested. Upon exit from the restroom, I informed the administrator that there might be an issue with the sample as I observed a couple of foreign matter pieces in the samples. She said they would not affect the results. At 192 hours or 7 days myself nor the company that I was applying to had received any results from the test. When we inquired they stated that the tests were not back because it was coming back as non-conclusive. The company agreed that I should go back and retest but this time to be observed and to make sure that I did not have anything on my hands that would skew the test.
The was busy on other projects so I could not return to retake the test immediately. I returned an additional two days later to retest and all came out with no issues.
In between the time that it was decided that I retake the test and when I actually was able to go, I received a phone call from 1000000000 (Number on my caller ID) I did not answer because of the oddity of the number on caller ID. The caller was a foreign-accented individual named Isabell and I was to return the call to 1-888-382-2084. On the message, she stated that she was a representative of the company that I was applying to. I immediately thought something was suspicious since I know that the company I was going to work for did not have a 1 888 number. I then proceeded to complete a reverse number lookup on the 1 888 number. I found that it belonged to a company called EMRO and that they are a third party company that reports about drug screens. I proceeded to complete further investigations on them and found numerous complaints in reference to them informing individuals that their results had come back as positive and for a fee of $150.00 you could retest to prove that the results were indeed considered a false positive instead of positive otherwise they would have to report the results to the company in which you applied. This would have detrimental effects on my family and myself as I have been out of work for right at 5 months. I have been working very earnestly for the offered position for a good two months.
Heres where all of the problems come in.
1) I didn't have any drugs in my system except for my anti-depression and heart medication in my system.
2) Upon taking the second test my results came back negative.
3) the first test came back as non-conclusive because of the foreign materials that were in the sample from the Fiberglass and Resin.
4) They offer to retest you for the fee of $150.00 when the test at the original testing facility the cost is $35.00 for a 5-panel test and $65.00 for a 10-panel test. The company in which I was applying to only requested a 5-panel test. ($35.00) Which questions why are they attempting to charge you $150.00 for a test that originally only costs $35.00.
5) The same 1000000000 number appeared on my caller ID again and this time I decided to answer and I'm sorry to report but I did not get the individuals name but I did confirm my information with her and inform her that I had retested and that the results had come back negative. I then informed her that I was going to report her company to the BBB as a scam if they continued to harass me. She immediately hung up on me before I could get any additional information from her. I assumed that this would be the end of the situation.
6) Today I received a call from (913) 327-5915. I wouldn't normally have answered but I have family in the Kansas City and Olathe Kansas area. I thought maybe someone was attempting to contact me. I got the same statement as before, the individual that called stated that they were a representative of the company that I was applying. I informed her that the company that I was applying did not have any offices in Kansas and could she please tell me the company in which she worked for. after requesting the information 5 times she still refused to answer the question as to who she was actually working for. I inquired as to what she was calling in reference to and she stated that she was not at liberty to provide me the information as I did not provide my information to her. I informed her that until she could answer my questions that I was not going to provide her with my personal information. She then requested that I take a message and to call back at the same 1-888-327-2084 number that I was provided in the original call of Isabell. This got me even more curious so I did a reverse number lookup again on the (913) #. This returned back to a Kansas area code that is registered in Roselyn New York. Curious why would a legitimate company have a phone number that belongs in Kansas be registered in New York.
7) The Kansas number being registered in New York made me conduct further investigation. I then looked up the address in New York where the (913) number is registered and it is to a very small strip shopping center with only 8 to 10 tenants and none of the tenants have anything to do with the drug testing, reporting, or medical industries. Then I have atttempted to find additional information for the Kansas address on Ward Ave but I have not found any additional information at this time.
8) During my investigations though I have found that eScreen, Emro, Alere, and other companies are all under the same umbrella and that they all act the exact same way on the phone. Its like it is a rehearsed speech. They are elusive, do not want to provide you with information concerning their company, they don't want to provide information as to what it is about, they fallie attempt to represent themselves as representatives of the company in which you are applying to. I believe to trick you into providing them with information and to instill a sense of fear into you about your pending positiion. The entire way in which they handle themselves is very sketchy and should be carefully reviewed by a law enforcement agency for deceptive practices. They have the ability to ruin entire families and futures for people and they are out here playing games with our lives. It is a shame that people do not have any more morals and the ability to comprehend what kind of power they are weilding with their deceptive practices.
Final: Please be wary of any and all drug testing result organizations until you have verified the companies reputation and the accuracy of the test results. I personally would request additional testing from another source if I had found out that anyone having to do with these organizations had anything to do with me test results. They have been known to lose the original samples if this request has been made.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2018 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/emro/roslyn-heights-new-york-11577/emro-escreen-alere-falsification-of-pre-employment-drug-screen-results-roslyn-heights-n-1433955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.