Complaint Review: Ethan Corlija

Clayton, Missouri
  • Phone: 314-863-9898
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Ethan Corlija will lie and deceive to take your money, then provide little or no defense Clayton Missouri

*Consumer Comment: Excellent Attorney

Ethan B. Corlija of the law offices of Hogan, Sokolik, Corlija And Kielty located in downtown Clayton missouri practices fraudulent and deceptive practices by making false promises regarding criminal defense cases. He will lie about the 'connections' he has in the Saint Louis County Court system by name dropping and using his prior employment at the facility as a selling point to attempt to steal your money. DONT BUY INTO THIS!

He was a level 4 prosecutor in Saint Louis County, the lowest in existence. He only worked there for approximately 1.5 years and has no pull with the staff whatsoever. He will accept a small retainer for his services and if, on your date in court, you do not have the remanding balance he will tell you to 'get it now, or I will go tell the judge I want off your case'.

He will lie to you about your release date/probationary period end date by knowingly incorrectly informing you of the Missouri DOC parole schedule and/or the County Jail's 'Good Time' system.

For instance, he told me that on a 120 day shock sentence that I would be out in 90 days. Untrue, you must do the whole 120 days. He told me on a 3 year backup that I would be paroled in 6 months. Untrue, on an assault charge you must do 33% of your sentence or 1 year at a minimum. He stated before my court date that 'you aren't going to jail, I don't make money by having incarcerated clients'. Untrue, most of his clients are in jail or have had to do some period of incarceration.

If you want a good lawyer you would be well advised to call the offices of RSRG. I had to do so just to have the mess Mr. Corlija got me in cleaned up. It cost me ten's of thousands to do so.

University City, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2007 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Excellent Attorney

AUTHOR: Liz - (United States of America)

Assault charge, online rants sounds like you might have an anger problem! I can personally say, I am pleasantly at home thanks to the services I received from Mr. Corlija and thank heavens I did not trust in the angry rant which you posted online.  For the past two and a half years,  I have dealt with Mr. Corlija on a Federal criminal issue. He was amazing at negotiating an issue that was very serious to a much more pleasing outcome.  I feel truly lucky to have had the pleasure of retaining Mr. Corlija.    He has a vast knowledge of the law and was better than the best at guiding me through the legal system. Thanks to Mr. Corlija's knowledge, dedication and hard work on my case, I was able to avoid jail time and receive a sentence in Federal court of probation.  I feel exceptionally lucky to have had Mr. Corlija as my attorney, considering the sentence I received is infrequent. Although Mr. Corlija is an incredible attorney, I nor anyone else can expect an attorney to defend alone, I had to do my part.  When it comes to fees, he is reasonable and definitely worth paying for.  The good advice, experience and professionalism made available by Mr. Corlija and his office are priceless. To any person that has found yourself in a legal bind, I strongly recommend Mr. Corlija.