X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: EZ Rent List - Encino California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Long Beach California
  • EZ Rent List 17609 Ventura Blvd., Suite LL07 Encino, California U.S.A.

EZ Rent List TOOK MY MONEY AND REFUSED TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT Encino California

I singed up with this company on the phone. I need to move so I thought thier listings would help save me time. I talked to a guy name Joshua and he said that the membership would be good for 90days and was only $60. If I was not satisfied or did not find a new residence thru them then I could receive a full refund.

SO when I looked up the listings that applied to what I needed I found only four! Two of them were with the same company that DID NOT accept pets as ez rent stated - and APOLOGIZED to me because they weren't authorized to list them anymore! Then the third was a rent-to-own scam and the fourth didn't take pets either like ez rent said they did!

So I called in to cancel my account and get a refund - this was wasting my time! I was told to email refundmanager@ezrentlist.com and received a reply from some one named Mark (no last name given and no return phone number) that my refund would not be issued for 35 days AND to even get it I had to provide proof of residency (to prove I lived in the same place or a place that wasn't listed with them!) and a refund form and that my account would not be canceled and they "suggest you continue to use our data base to search for listings" because my membership was still active.

Then I called and was told three times he was on the phone, out to lunch and not available. Then what sounded just like the guy that had been answering the phone - Mark finanlly got on and he basically said too bad that I entered a contract with them (by phone? I don't think so!) that I have had listings emailed to me - I asked him to read my email address because I have gotten nothing and they didn't even have my email right! When I told him that he said that wasn't his problem!

I filed a complaint with the FTC, Attorney General of California and the south land BBB and now here. I want my money back NOW!

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!

Amelia
Long Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2006 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ez-rent-list/encino-california-91436/ez-rent-list-took-my-money-and-refused-to-cancel-my-account-encino-california-227653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content