Complaint Review: First American Payment services and 1st POS - fort worth texas

• Submitted: Fri, April 13, 2018
  • Updated: Fri, April 13, 2018
  • Reported By: Craig — Duluth MN United States
  • First American Payment services and 1st POS
    100 Throckmorton Street suite 1800
    fort worth, texas
    United States

First American Payment services and 1st POS 1st POS Avoid First American Credit Card Services and 1st POS fort worth texas

When I opened my Ice Cream Shoppe 6 years ago and independent Rep approached me for Credit Card Processing services with First American and 1st POS.

We signed up and noticed there were less expensive and better services available including Square but we stayed with First American and considered ourselves a great Client.   February 1st, 2018 We unfortunately closed the Ice Cream Shoppe after 6 years.  We called First American to cancel their services as we no longer need Credit Card Processing.  First American still continued to with draw $150 per month from our checking account?

I called them and they said "  You signed a contract that does not allow you to cancel services except on the CONTRACT ANNIVERSARY DATE ONLY.

In other words.....they want too charge the minimum charge of $150 for the next 6 months and also add a termination fee on top of the mimimum $150 charge each month??   We have been a valued client at their hoigher price services.  Apparently their contracts aut renew and cannot be terminated even if your out of business and no longer need their services?  This is a RIP OFF!  Beware of !st POS.   They our now threatening me with collections and destroying my credit rating.  Thats a fine Thank you to a valued longterm client like myself.  I really don understand how they can practice business in this piss poor fashion.  Do NOT do Business with FIRST AMERICAN of 1st POS.  There are plenty of quality providers including that wont screw you in the end.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2018 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-american-payment-services-and-1st-pos/fort-worth-texas-76102/first-american-payment-services-and-1st-pos-1st-pos-avoid-first-american-credit-card-se-1438582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content