Complaint Review: First National Credit Card - Legacy Visa - Sioux Falls South Dakota

• Submitted: Tue, March 24, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 24, 2009
  • Reported By: APO AE Other
  • First National Credit Card - Legacy Visa
    www.firstnationalcc.com
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota

First National Credit Card - Legacy Visa Credit card scam Sioux Falls South Dakota

I have been a credit card holder through First National/Legacy for a while now, and decided to cancel it because of the outrageous fees this company keeps charging. I never had a credit card before and needed to build-up my credit.

I received a $250 credit limit, with the understanding that I would be able to increase my credit limit. After a while, and seeing that I was paying fees, even when my balance was at $0 and I wasn't using my card, I decided to cancel it.

When I called, I got lured back to keep my card with the understanding that, because I am in the military, and was being deployed to a war zone, my account would not incur any monthly fees. On top of that, being in the Middle-East, I do not get to check my account often, and mail takes forever to get delivered. I finally get to check my account today and, apparently am still paying monthly fees. It also tells me that I am 40 some days late on paying my monthly fees, that I was not suppose to have in the first place.

This company is a complete scam, and will tell you anything to keep you or gain you as a cutomer. I am canceling the card first thing in the morning since they don't even have a customer representative you can talk to 24/7.

If anybody knows how to get what I paid back, or at least a way to prevent this from destroying my credit, please help.

Xander

Xander
APO AE

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2009 05:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-national-credit-card-legacy-visa/sioux-falls-south-dakota/first-national-credit-card-legacy-visa-credit-card-scam-sioux-falls-south-dakota-436999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content