Complaint Review: Fleetwood Terry 5th Wheel RV - Riverside California
- Fleetwood Terry 5th Wheel RV 2350 Fletwood Drive Riverside, California U.S.A.
- Phone: 800-322-8216
- Category: RV Dealers
Fleetwood Terry Quantume 5th Wheel RV Poor Quality, Workmanship ripoff Riverside California
This is not an all comprehensive list, but gives you an idea.
We decided to finally take our lumps and trade it off and for sure it was NOT a Fleetwood product that we replaced it with.
1. The slide did not work properly - would not go out on power and then would not come back in - after the dealership company took all the inside apart and ruined the wood decor, (they did replace with new), turned out to be a bad solenoid and replaced it, then worked.
2. Leaking back window, ruined the wall covering and the lino lifted, this went in for warranty repair 3 times - 2 different dealers, still did not get fixed.
3. Town water hook up failed and pumped our water out of the fresh water tank - check valve had to be replaced. (We were not hooked up to town water!)
4. Ground fault tripped in the bathroom, for no reason and shuts off the power to the rest of the circuits, this was never fixed - was just a mystery.
5. Sewer line fell apart - was never glued; you can imagine when we found that out and what kind of a mess that was.
6. Awning was not installed properly and would not go up or down correctly, I think it was installed crooked, we had to stand in the back of the truck and fight with it to release, then you could not get the darn thing to hook back in after the weekend.
7. Latches on outside storage doors rusted, they were supposed to be aluminum??
8. Upper kitchen cabinets were pulling off the ceiling.
9. Slide; after it was fixed (solenoid) it then did not sit square to the wall and was out about 1 1/2" from top to bottom.
10. Fridge would not work on AC; it was not plugged in (behind fridge)at mfg. Even the dealership had to look for this one!
11. Drain at the Kitchen sink leaked, because the hole was not cut big enough to tighten onto the sink, so of course went to drain the sink and it poured out into the cabinet and onto the floor.
12. Kitchen tap assembly would not stay tight and always came undone and fell off and because of this it leaked. It became routine to just reach in the cabinets and tighten.
13. Thermostat always fell off the wall. This would not be a big deal except why was there so much movement in the trailer while traveling, suppose to have these great stabilizing shocks?
14. Bathroom sink hot/cold taps were backwards / reversed.
15. Outside shower leaked.
16. Tacks sticking through carpet in Bedroom.
17. Kitchen counter arborite lifted and had to be replaced.
18. Stereo system and surround sound did not work, but when the stove exhaust fan was turned on the fan noise came through the speakers?? Not sure why this happened - according to dealership all tested well in the electrical department!
19. Sliding baskets in pantry pulled off the wall
20. Interior doors separated and needed to be re-glued twice
21. Sliding doors on shower did not slide.
22. Skylight above the shower leaked, had to be replaced.
The list goes on and on.
Our 5th wheel spent a lot of time in the Warranty repair shop. Sometimes bringing it home just brought on new problems and some of the items still were not fixed.
This trailer was NOT abused or taken on rough roads - Otherwise it would have been in a big heap when we reached our destinations. We nicknamed it the RELIC and it earned that name quite honestly. I would never consider buying or recommending a Fleetwood product again. The fist impression was good, as it did look nice at a glance, but that was it.
The problems with this unit were totally the result of poor quality and poor workmanship. If I were associated with Fleetwood as quality control or just the person on the production line I would be embarrassed to say so. I believe there is absolutely no pride in the product they put out.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2005 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fleetwood-terry-5th-wheel-rv/riverside-california-92517/fleetwood-terry-quantume-5th-wheel-rv-poor-quality-workmanship-ripoff-riverside-californi-158554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.