Complaint Review: FLYR Fair Protect - Internet

• Reported By: Don’t mess with Grammy — Bristol Avon United Kingdom
  • FLYR Fair Protect

Internet
    United States

FLYR Fair Protect Trip Advisor This company is connected to Trip Advisor as it is recommended by them with a link to Protect the price of the airline fair quoted for 7 days. They said they would hold a fare from Gatwick in London to Logan Airport in Boston by WOW airlines.

Through Trip Advisor, I was notified of a very reasonable return fare to Boston leaving Gatwick in London on the 13th May returning on the 20th May with WOW airlines. £293. I was prompted to pay £14.00 to FLYR Fair Protect for each leg of the trip to Protect this fare for 7 days. When I tried to pay for the ticket well within the time period it was not available. I had a contract to receive this fare but I was told that they were sorry and they would either refund my £28 or find me the next lowest fare.

I have lost the weeks holiday on Cape Cod because my budget circumstances were much too tight to pay any more than I initially prepaid and I couldn’t change the dates as they were before the prime season. If I had to find alternative accommodation I would have to pay two to three times more plus the additional airfare. Had I been aware of the possibility of losing that fare I would have paid immediately for the ticket so I am feeling very sad and ticked off. Trip Advisor/FLYR Fare Protect, needs to rethink what they are doing as they hold themselves above this sort of rip-off. I paid £28.00 for a service that was not provided and I am out of pocket over £475 due to a non-refundable holiday rental. Feeling very ripped off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2018 01:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/flyr-fair-protect/internet/flyr-fair-protect-trip-advisorthis-company-is-connected-to-trip-advisor-as-it-is-recomme-1442400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content