X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Fox, Aga Car Rental Mazatlan Mexico - Mazatlan Mexico

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Andover Minnesota
  • Fox, Aga Car Rental Mazatlan Mexico Mazatlan Mexico Airport Mazatlan, Mexico Mexico

Fox, Aga Car Rental Mazatlan Mexico ripoff Car return SCAM!!! Beware!!! Mazatlan Mexico Airport Mazatlan Mexico

*UPDATE Employee: read all

*Consumer Suggestion: Dispute the charge

We returned a car on Friday night Febuary 24th 2006,after 6 days of rental. After having it checked out in front of the airport no dammage was found, so we went inside to finish the paperwork, as we were doing so the phone rang and the agent said he had to go outside for a moment, when he returned he said damage was found on the door and that we would have to pay for the damage witch he told me was not covered by the FULL COVERAGE insurance we purched with the rental. the so called damage was on the inside lip of the drivers door.

I was the only one who drove this car while we were down their on vacation and at no time did I notice any damage done to the door. This makes me believe that one of the employees caused the damage or created it to increase the price of the rental.

The price for this so called damage was $70

I felt arguing any longer we would miss our flight we only had 1 1/2 hours left, so we paid this SCAM and gladly left the country.

Thanks for letting me VENT

I did email the customer service department at Fox/aga and I do not think I will get any responce from them.

Scot
Andover, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2006 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fox-aga-car-rental-mazatlan-mexico/mazatlan-mexico/fox-aga-car-rental-mazatlan-mexico-ripoff-car-return-scam-beware-mazatlan-mexico-ai-179127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Manuel - (Mexico)

POSTED: Thursday, March 16, 2006
Hy , you must read all the information about the insurance and rentyal policies.

in car rental agencyes , all the companys and locations have a diferent rules.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Dispute the charge

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, March 03, 2006
Call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Tell them they would not let you go until it was paid and you had a flight to catch. And, since you were in another country, you were afraid they would have you arrested for refusing to pay.

CC companies are very aware of the scams that foreign countries pull on Americans.