Complaint Review: freight center

• Updated: Mon, July 17, 2017
  • Reported By: Lavery's Backhoe Service — Camarillo California USA
  • freight center

freight center Hidden charges and holding delivery hostage Internet

I was given a price up front for the delivery of 2 boat motors going from Florida to California.  I paid in full.

FINALLY after 2 weeks the motor arrived at the delivery service.  I received 2 call with different dates of delivery-I took the days off, since the delivery was quite heavy-both days were a NO SHOW!

After being given the run around and massive finger pointing, I noticed additional charges on my credit card from Freight Center.  I was not told about these charges up front!  I was told I had paid in full.

Now it's going on 3 weekes and they are telling me I have to pay an additional $200 or they will not deliver my motors!

So basically they are holding my delivery hostage until it clears my bank.

I contacted "Brian" at the freight center and of course he is saying it is the delivery service NOT his company.

The sub-contractor is saying it's freight centers fault because the made a quote without getting an estimate from them.

SCAM ALERT!  Be ready for hidden charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2017 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content