X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Game Day Media - Portland Oregon

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Steve — Georgetown Texas
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Game Day Media proports to be in the business of publishing school sports programs to be given away at events such as football or basketball games.  They contact local businesses and sell advertising to be placed in these programs.

What actually happens is after the business pays for the advertising, Game Day Midia will create and ad for the business, submit it to the business for approval and once having the approval, do nothing else.  There will be no program produced or handed out at the games.

The fact that the advertising is purchased several months before the games in question does not seem unusual as one would think it takes time to sell all the ads and make up and print the programs.  What the ad buyer may not understand is that credit card companies (like American Express) will not assist a cardholder with a refund if the charge in question is over 60 days old.

Game Day Media will not refund, will not return calls, and keeps the money.  Because of the long lead time they do not have to deal with the credit card companies either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2015 08:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/game-day-media/portland-oregon-97224/game-day-media-criminal-enterprise-portland-oregon-1204666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I agree that this company is a fraud

AUTHOR: arjones - (USA)

POSTED: Sunday, September 17, 2017

DO NOT LET THEM GET YOU!!   I was called by Cassie Grimm from the Raleigh office and she said she was working with the basketball coach from Green Hope High School.  I was excited to have Times Up! Escape Rooms in the basketball program and making a donation so I pledged $1000 and gave her my debit card number.  BIG MISTAKE!  After the call, I was sent email to agree to authorize charging my card.  It was then that I found out Cassie was with Gameday Media.  So I of course looked up the reviews as found as you are seeing that this company has a horrible reputation.  I also asked for the coach to call me, in which I never got the call. So I immediately sent Cassie an email with subject DO NOT CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD.  In the email, I explained that I did not have confidence in the company and  I did not want to enter the contract and not have my card charged.  Cassie then assured me that the compliance department would not charge my card because I have not authorized it.  I thought I was done with the whole thing, but three weeks later, my debit card was charged by Gameday Media for $1000.  Because the money was drawn directly from my bank and they did not refund it until two days after they stole it, my rent check bounced incurring other fees.  After they issued a refund, it still has not  cleared into my bank because the said it could take up to five days before I get it back.  I am livid!!   This company is full of lies!!

Response from Gameday Media

AUTHOR: GamedayMedia - (USA)

POSTED: Friday, July 10, 2015

These accusations are entirely untrue. Since opening in 2011, Gameday Media has earned an A+ rating on the BBB and worked with hundreds of schools, donating over $5,000,000. We are happy to provide a reference at any of the schools we work with. Please call 503-214-4424 with any questions or concerns.

Jonathan Stark
General Manager

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair