This site uses cookies to store information on your computer which may track your browsing behavior on our site and provide you with ads or other offers that may be relevant to you. Some are essential to make our site work; others help us improve the user experience. Read our Privacy Policy to learn more. Further, effective 5/24/2018 due to GDPR, citizens of any GDPR applicable country are prohibited from using this site. Read our Terms of Service to learn more.By using our site you understand and agree to these terms.

Complaint Review: Gearstar transmissions

132 N Howard St
    Akron, Ohio
    United States

Gearstar transmissions Rebuild transmission Akron Ohio

*Author of original report: Gearstar transmission update

Beware of this company. I took my car there for them to adjust the tv cable for trans shift points. After 10 hours bill time for adjustment they tell my trans is bad and they can put one in for $2495 and the Level 2 trans is recommended so I gave the go ahead and gave him half down which was $1250. During the 6 weeks they had my vehicle I had called a few times to check on it and they kept telling me they were working on it and would get with me but never did until I received email stating that I needed trans cooler and they upgraded me to their level 3 trans without asking me and I called them right away and asked what was going on and asked for price but was told by Zach not to worry that they would take care of me even though they didn't have bill figured yet. Later the next Saturday was told it was done after being there 6 weeks so I went to pick it up and was handed a bill for $7600 although I was originally quoted $2495. The transmission does not shift right and I'm out $7600. I would not recommend having this company do any work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2017 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gearstar-transmissions/akron-ohio-44308/gearstar-transmissions-rebuild-transmission-akron-ohio-1412304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Gearstar transmission update

AUTHOR: Pat - (United States)

I had an issue with gearstar that was a basic communication breakdown. The owner Zack was very concerned about making me happy after this issue and has reached out to make things right with me.  We have come to terms and made everything right. The transmission shifts great and we agreed on a price that was fair for all.

With a lot of companies you work with it’s not about the problem you may have. It’s about how a company takes care of the problem you have and gearstar made it right and I appreciate the work and the follow through. If I could rate extract my original report I would but ripoff report does not allow you to remove reports once put on their site.