X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Dale King — Severn Maryland
  • GEICO Motorcycle Insurance Nationwide USA

GEICO Motorcycle Insurance Dishonest, Liars, Fraudulent, DON'T BUY THEIR INSURANCE Nationwide

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Full Coverage

After many years of having Geico for my motorcycle Insurance, I recently reinstated my policy by phone. I drive a 650cc bike so my Insurance premium has always  been affordable. Before I hung up with their Rep, he said " I can give you FULL COVERAGE" at no additional cost. Of corse I accepted and we were done. Unfortunaftely, a month later I had to lay my bike over to avoid a van who pulled out in front of me and filed a claim with Geico. I was advised I only had Comprehensive and Liability, NO COLLISION. We argued about the offer from the Rep when I reinstated my policy and this Rep said SHE would listen to the recording of the original call to see what was said. She also agreed to provide me with a voice copy of that initial call.She never provided me the voice or followed up with any other calls. Since when does FULL COVERAGE mean Full Coverage minus what you need when you file a claim ? Geico employs LIARS . PS-The second Rep had the balls to offer me the Collision Coverage at ADDITIONAL cost for future claims but I still was uncovered for this claim. STAY AWAY FROM GEICO INSURANCE FOR CAR OR MOTORCYCLE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2014 06:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/geico-motorcycle-insurance/nationwide/geico-motorcycle-insurance-dishonest-liars-fraudulent-dont-buy-their-insurance-nation-1176517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Full Coverage

AUTHOR: Crain1983 - ()

POSTED: Friday, October 03, 2014

I hate that term. It's ambiguous. It's misinterpreted. It's not real. I'm not sure of the circumstances, and I don't doubt many reps at many companies do what they have to to get the sale. I recommend following up with your state's insurance bureau/commission and filing a complaint.

I'm a claims adjuster, and my recommendation to you for any company you deal with is to get everything in writing and if to do everything over the internet. Also, call to confirm - and speak to at least two separate agents. Again, it's always best to get everything in writing and to verify (not by asking in the phone call, but by calling again on separate occaisions). You can usually verify online.