Complaint Review: Genesis Remodeling

• Genesis Remodeling
    1525 Park Manor Blvd
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    United States

Genesis Remodeling Amilli Paint & Landscape Michael Skoncey Dependable Remodeling Inc Abandoned remodeling contract Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: please contact me

*Author of original report: contact me

*Consumer Comment: all true. skoncey belongs in jail.

I hired Michael Skoncey to remodel my bathroom.  He comes off with a few reviews and the pitch that he is a church oriented company that does home remodeling.  This is couldn't be farther from the truth.  In all reality his a craigslist con man who gets jobs, subs them out in the begining, and runs whenever you pay him the second portion of his contract.

He had a few people come to my house to start the project and none of them ever finsihed anything.  Each one that came after the first said the previous guy didn't know what he was doing and that everything is wrong and needs to be redone.  A few of them didnt have any tools and asked me if I had any.  A few more came with tools and no idea why they were there and asked what to do.  All this while Michael is MIA.

The downfall of all this was when I had my walls drywalled 3 times because of previous screw ups.  The third contractor got in a verbal argument with Mr. Skoncey on the phone in my house about the lackluster work he was suppsed to clean up and ended up walking out.  I got on Michaels case about this and all the construction debris left around my house, the trash/cigarette butts his people left in my yard, and my complete displeasure in the whole experience.  He was very unresponsive or apologetic and kept offering excuse after excuse.  This two week project was turning into a nightmare as two weeks went by and everything needed to be redone.

To try and place me and have me give him another $3800 he then kept bringing in a row of different subs he found online to finish the job and wanted me to explain them over and over again about what I wanted.  None ever showed up for work.  Michael would always tell me the night before that they wouldnt be coming.

All this wasnt even the last straw.  The last straw was when he wanted me to provide construction materials to fix his guys screwups after I already paid him close to $8k.

He has since abandoned my project as in not returning any correspondances.  After a little googling sleuthing I discoverd he has been doing this for years and changing company names every so often after he loses a few lawsuits.  He is fraudster through and through and is unjustly enriching himself by ripping off clients he finds online.

His previous business was called Dependable Remodeling Inc and the google reviews + PA court dockets tell the real story of who Michael Skoncey really is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2018 08:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/genesis-remodeling/pittsburgh-pennsylvania-15205/genesis-remodeling-amilli-paint-landscapemichael-skonceydependable-remodeling-inc-ab-1435593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

please contact me

AUTHOR: Another ripped off customer - (United States)

robert,

please contact me about pursuing criminal charges against michael skoncey - donkeytrap at protonmail dot com

contact me

AUTHOR: Pgh - (United States)

robert,

please contact me at donkeytrap @ protonmail dot com

i'd love to talk to you about Mr. Skonceys so called business and what to do next.

all true. skoncey belongs in jail.

AUTHOR: robert - (United States)

He did exact same to me. repeated attempts to contact go unanswered. next step is going to his house to collect. the $5k im out.