Complaint Review: Great Lakes Circulation - Golden Colorado

• Great Lakes Circulation
    Box 1833
    Golden, Colorado

Great Lakes Circulation magazine fraud overcharging Golden Colorado

A few boys came to my door asking to help provide money for their college funds by purchasing a magazing subscription. A few days after the two had left, my neighbor informed me she was suspicious this was a rip-off. I called my bank and cancelled put a stop payment on the check.

Today I find on my bank website a charge was put through for an amount different than the original subscription price. I called the company on the check at which time they told me that there was a $59 subscription charge plus and additional $30 cancellation charge for "cancelling" my check. I called the company and stated I have cancelled the check. She stated I was suppose to call the subscription company and cancel withing 3 days.

I am sure there are more persons out there that may have had the same experience. Please let me know and what I may do to let others know.

Christine
Lewes, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2008 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/great-lakes-circulation/golden-colorado-18333/great-lakes-circulation-magazine-fraud-overcharging-golden-colorado-388548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content