Complaint Review: Greg Salmon, VRBO, Property 25045, Maui, HI - Lahaina Maui

• Greg Salmon, VRBO, Property 25045, Maui, HI
    3975 Lower Honoapiilani Rd
    Lahaina, Maui
    United States

Greg Salmon, VRBO, Property 25045, Maui, Hawaii VRBO Home Away Canceled our reservation w/o notice and did not refund all monies paid Lahaina Maui Hawaii

Made reservation for condo in January 2017 and paid in full over $3000 to VRBO.  2 weeks after paid in full, I called Mr. Salmon to ask if we could extend our stay 2 days and he told me of course, just send me a check for $700 and you will be good to go.

January 2018 I got an email from Discover Card stating I had a $3178 credit on my account.  When I researched, it turned out to be VRBO giving me my money back.  No call, email, explanation, nothing.  After I chased it for a couple of days I found out that they had decided to sell the condo.  VRBO would do nothing.  Mr. Salmon told me he would refund the $700 via mail as well. We had 3 weeks (during busy season) to secure new lodging for our first, and probably only, family vacation.  I finally found accommodations but had no idea what to expect.

We arrived end of Feb and our room was a disaster.  Mold, smells, construction on lanai, just totally uninhabitable.  Luckily I had been on the Maui Bound site and saw alot of postings from a guy who I immediately called.  He told me he could help us.  We still had to move 3 times but at least our vacation went on.  Now we have been back a month and I still have not heard back from Greg Salmon or received my $700.

I contacted VRBO, they won't do anything.  I contacted Better Business Bureau and all the Maui blogs I can find.  I want my $700 back but more than that, I don't want anyone else to fall for this scam!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2018 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/greg-salmon-vrbo-property-25045-maui-hi/lahaina-maui-96761/greg-salmon-vrbo-property-25045-maui-hawaii-vrbo-home-away-canceled-our-reservation-w-1437300. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content