X  |  CLOSE

• Hims Inc
    4616 W Howard Lane, Suite 960
    Austin, Texas
    United States

Hims Inc Ian Ramseyer Won't refund a monthly first month fee even though I was declined for the medication, saying it was a "medical fee" I agreed to Austin Texas

Registered on a site called HIMS for a medication for erectile dysfunction.  The ad stated it would be just $5 for the first month of medication then another fee every month after that once approved for the medication.  I answered a group of questions then the next day I received an email stating I was not eligible for the medication and was directed to consult my doctor.  I requested a refunds of the fist monthly fee of $5 and then received the following response:

"hi larry,

thank you for reaching out to hims! i can certainly understand the desire to get your money back on a service you didn't end up going with. i would be glad to take a look and see what we can do.

after reviewing the account it would appear the only charge is the $5 medical fee that is agreed to at check out. this is much like what you'd find when visiting your doctor's office in-person. [continued below]....

..... to clarify, it is not a charge for products rather, it is for the services rendered by our doctors to review your visit and it is non-refundable. you can read the full agreement here:
forhims.com/credit-card-disclosure

i apologize for any confusion but appreciate your understanding. please let me know if there was anything else i could help with.

thanks,

ian
hims customer support"

Excuse me, what? So the scam is that a "medical professional" with their company can just randomly say I am declined and then keep my money paid for the first monthly supply?  THIS IS HIGHLY ILLEGAL AND I WANT SOMEONE TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST THIS COMPANY!  If it were that obvious I was paying for a consultation fee, I would have rather seen my doctor that is covered by insurance instead of paying a "supposed" online medical professional.  Their ad clearly stated it was "Just $5 for your first month of medication."  This is a scam and highly illegal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2018 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hims-inc/austin-texas-78728/hims-inc-ian-ramseyer-wont-refund-a-monthly-first-month-fee-even-though-i-was-declined-f-1442491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content