X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: INBOX.COM - Miami Beach Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Brian — Waukegan Illinois United States
  • INBOX.COM 1111 BRICKELL AVE, FL 11 MIAMI, FL 3 Miami Beach, Florida United States

INBOX.COM SUDDENLY CHARGE SUBSCRIPTION FOR FREE EMAIL AND RAISE PRICE OFFENSIVELY Miami Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: Inbox.com

Inbox.com were a free email.. they decided one day after a year, that needed money, so they locked my account unless I agree to pay either $8.88 or $20.. I decided that is reasonable and paid it, and next year here, they are negligent, and consider a raised price a "upgrade" and the subscription option is not available and the upgrade costs $47.88.. I told them, I was about to pay you $20 and I thought the upgrade was optional! And they have informed me that my account will lock in thirty days and I just sat up all night for a week straight forwarding EVERYTHING after getting hung up on by a few of them at a phone number that seemed like they were in an argument with an android app develeper that didn't work for them

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2018 12:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/inboxcom/miami-beach-florida/inboxcom-suddenly-charge-subscription-for-free-email-and-raise-price-offensively-miami-b-1423518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Inbox.com

AUTHOR: Margaret - (Canada)

POSTED: Saturday, June 30, 2018

Exactly the same happened to me with this company.  I have used a free e-mail service for years, then abruptly they demanded payment or they would lock the account.

I agreed to the basic $8.88 yearly charge.  They refused to accept pay pal, instead they wanted my mastercard number.

They took $19.00 rather than $8.88, which I let slide.  Now I realize they have been taking $19.00 every three months.  So I have paid over $100.00 for an account I rarely use.

Contacting them has been useless.  With Paypal you can remove a suspect retailer from the list of authorized payees, but my mastercard company (underwritten by CitiBank) will not allow payment to be stopped, so I am stuck paying for something I do not want nor need.

Strange and aggressive tactics.

Investigates Reputation Repair