What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair
Free speech rights compromised

WATCH News
Segment Now
Ripoff Report | Washington, District of Columbia
X  |  CLOSE
Report: #202916

Complaint Review: Inphonic - Continental Promotions Group - Washington District of Columbia

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: The Woodlands Texas
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Inphonic - Continental Promotions Group 1010 Wisconsin Ave Suite 600 Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

Inphonic - Continental Promotions Group Will not pay the rebates ripoff Washington District of Columbia

*Author of original report: Inphonic paid me in full

*Consumer Suggestion: Some suggestions to get paid

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I bought 3 phones from them almost a year ago. I submitted all the stuff as required six months later. I checked the rebate status with Continental a few days later and they received it all.

Several weeks ago I e-mailed them for an update. They said the applications for rebates were in order and it would take 10 to 12 weeks to process.

It has now been almost 5 months since I submitted. I complained to their "customer service" people about a month ago. A "supervisor" told me the rebates were being processed but that there was no one on earth who could tell me when they would be paid. I then contacted the Arizona Attorney General about a month ago. They very quickly responded that Continental was no longer processing the rebates and since I don't live in Arizona that they don't have jurisdiction. They gave me Inphonic's address.

I checked the rebate status today and saw the message stating that another "service provider" is now processing the rebates and that I would get a post card or letter.

These people owe me $510 and I have no idea if or when it will ever be paid.

R
The Woodlands, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2006 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/inphonic-continental-promotions-group/washington-district-of-columbia/inphonic-continental-promotions-group-will-not-pay-the-rebates-ripoff-washington-distric-202916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Inphonic paid me in full

AUTHOR: Randolph - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, August 10, 2006

I just received a check for $510, the entire amount due. I have no idea if this site or my many unanswered requests for infromation had anything to do with it.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Some suggestions to get paid

AUTHOR: Marc - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I feel your pain. Try some of these things:

First, remember who the culprit here is - it's inphonic, not Continental Promotion Group. I really believe that they were put between a rock and a hard place, in that they were probably instructed by inphonic to deflect, reject, set up the hoops, provide false info, etc.

1) File a complaint with the D.C. district attorney's office, who has filed suit against inphonic. occ.dc.gov/occ/cwp/view,a,1223,q,633146.asp
2) Contact the following people at inphonic:

Doreen Dennis
ddennis@inphonic.com
"Office of the President" (haha)

Hollie Kapos

TDONNELLY@INPHONIC.COM
(202) 256-4254
(202) 337-3635
(703) 812-3944

HOAG, JAY C (MAJOR SHAREHOLDER)
(650) 473-1090
(831) 622-0950
(209) 599-9777

KEMP, JACK F (ON BOARD OF DIRECTORS)
13505 PINE RUN LN
FREDERICKSBURG, VA 22407-2050
(540) 786-8504

3) Also file a fraud complaint with the FTC and maybe even mail fraud at www.USPS.gov

FYI, I've received personalized email responses from Doreen and very recently I received a response from Hollie telling me that she would waive the reprocessing that would normally take place as a result of changing processing centers (no longer using continental promotion group) and send me a check immediately that I should see in 7-10 days. We'll see. I wish you luck.