Complaint Review: IOS Operator Services - Montreal Quebec

16200 Addison Rd, #100, Addison, Texas 75001
    Montreal, Quebec
    Canada

IOS Operator Services Horrendous Fees for phone calls Montreal Quebec Canada

Hi, I just want to let you know of the fees incurred when using the operator to make a phone call from the state of NY. I was stuck in a snowstorm at the Woodburry Outlets 3-4 days before Christmas and decided to call some friends to let them know I would be coming home late.

Since I paid 2$+ a minute last year from my cellphone I dediced to use the phone booth instead. The phone wouldn't let me call home in Canada using coins so I had no choice but to talk to the operator.

I made a total of 3 phones call using my credit card during that afternoon, and then received the bill at home the week after...the first call was costing 28.49USD, the 2nd 18.90USD, and the third 16.20USD, all for a conversation of no more than 3-6 min each.

They charged us 2.70$ a minute plus 9.99$ of service fees for each call. No phone operators ever mentioned the fees before transferring the calls.

We called the company (IOS) to complain and the best they were willing to do is to take 50% off. We did not accept their offer.

I contacted my credit card company with the name of the agent and agent number from IOS (customer service agent). They said nothing could be done since giving a credit card number means accepting the terms and fees from the phone operator.

This is just a warning so you don't get cut in the future...better use your cell phone or coins but avoid at all cost these operator.

I really don't understand how phone companies are being allowed to steal money in such a way from people. Don't you guys have some organisation protecting consumers??? Things like this don't happen in Europe (I lived there 2 years) and not in Canada.

Jee27
Montreal, Quebec
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2009 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ios-operator-services/montreal-quebec/ios-operator-services-horrendous-fees-for-phone-calls-montreal-quebec-canada-407609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content