X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: IRobot Corp. - Burlington Massachusetts

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Jasper Georgia
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • IRobot Corp. 63 South Ave. Burlington, Massachusetts U.S.A.

IRobot Corp. Roomba Vacume Cleaner Has Short Life For The Money Ripoff Burlington Massachusetts

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

This is the text of a letter I sent to their Global Technical Support Director Mary Ellen Abreu on 1-17-2007 and have had no response.

I am writing you as a dissatisfied customer over your Roomba vacuum product. I purchased a Roomba Discovery vacuum package (ser. # 4221 050420 E1279) complete with all accessories in December of 2004. The unit worked well for eleven months then started working erratically and then stopped functioning all together. I checked the trouble section on your web site and none of the solutions worked. I called tech support and tried several fixes with them on two or three different occasions. None of them worked so the unit was sent back to your group and was repaired (warranty).

It worked for a short while then the battery needed to be replaced at my expense. The unit worked for another twelve months and has failed again demonstrating the same anomaly as it did on the first occasion as mentioned above. Upon contacting your tech support today I was told it probably is a front sensor problem and that it is out of warranty and it will cost at least $95 to repair.

This product has not been abused or misused. We use it in a conventional home (no animals) with ceramic tile, hardwood flooring, and Berber type low pile carpeting. It has been used sparingly in conjunction with other cleaning devices.

I find it unacceptable that this product has such a troubled and limited life span. I feel, at this moment, that I have been misled as a consumer about the quality of IRobot products. Even with an out of date warranty, I feel I should be compensated by: 1.Taking this unit back at no charge and repair or replace. 2.Send me a unit that will last longer than a year. Maybe several years?

I would appreciate any attention and or response you could give to this problem.

No response has been given to date either by phone, e-mail, or letter.

Glenn
Jasper, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2007 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/irobot-corp/burlington-massachusetts-01803/irobot-corp-roomba-vacume-cleaner-has-short-life-for-the-money-ripoff-burlington-massachu-239101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair