X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: J & M Hunting Supply And Marine - Aiken South Carolina

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Lakewood California
  • J & M Hunting Supply And Marine 2 Grady Williams Circle Aiken, South Carolina U.S.A.

J & M Hunting Supply And Marine I Paid For Apples They Advertised They Sent Oranges and Refuse to Give Me Back My Money Until I Pay to Return The Oranges I Didn't Order Aiken South Carolina

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I never received the product I ordered and I feel what happened gets lost in the details. Essentially, they advertised apples and I ordered and paid for apples. Later, they sent me oranges and offered to give me a discount to accept the oranges, or told me I had to pay to sent their oranges back. I don't want the oranges, I didn't order oranges, I just want the money i gave for apples to be returned.

Here are the details:

recently ordered item 1022177 (TAPCO ACU AR15 FURNITURE SET). The item arrived exactly 10 days after my ordering. No complaint there. When I opened the container I was very upset to see that the items included were not those advertised andordered. The kit was said to include 1 ACU AR GlacierGuard, 1 TAPCO ACU AR T6 Collapsible Stock Assembly and 1 ACU AR TangoDown BattleGrip. Two of the three items included in the kit were as described. The "GlacierGaurd" which is a full replacement hand guard was NOT included. Instead the "kit" included TAPCO's rail panels which are only small "panels" to be placed over an existing tactical style hand guard. Their web site specifically described the kit as including TAPCO's GlacierGaurd and any consumer would expect that item to be included as described, but the plot thickens. They list on their web site a manufactures item number of ZSTK09201A which when cross referenced to TAPCO is the kit with the hand rails (called the Fusion Rifle System), not the GlacierGaurd. The kit they advertise is actually item ZSTK09160A (ACU AR Furniture Combo - the title used in the advertisment).

I feel as though this is bait and switch advertising. The advertised description was clearly for the kit including the GlacierGaurd, but they included a manufacture part number that is for the actual kit they sent. Very few consumers look up the manufactures part number instead of reading the description provided. I was forced to communicate complaints via e-mail as opposed to being able to call a service operator as they supply no number. I expressed my desire to receive the product i ordered, not the subsitute they sent. There response was to offer me a 10% discount for the item they sent me, one which I can not use as it will not at all work for my application, or I could return the product at my expense and wait for a refund. I never received the product I paid for. I was sent something I did not order and now I am expected to take my personal time and money to pay to return the item they sent to get the money back which they took without sending me the product I ordered.

I am left wondering just how much money, time, and stress this company want to take from me? I responded that this solution was not acceptable. I paid for a product that was never sent. I asked that my money be returned to my account and agreed to ship back the item they decided to send me if a pre-paid shipping label was sent. A asked that they give this urgent matter their immediate attention as i did not wish to take further legal action. As a result of my professional correspondence, the customer service department now refuses to correspond with me as they say I "threatened" legal action. They reffered to their policy page which says nothing about them sending a product other than that they advertised.

Schmija
Lakewood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2007 06:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/j-m-hunting-supply-and-marine/aiken-south-carolina-29805/j-m-hunting-supply-and-marine-i-paid-for-apples-they-advertised-they-sent-oranges-and-re-274066. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair