Complaint Review: J2 EFAX SERVICES 323-817-3205 CA - Los Angeles California

• J2 EFAX SERVICES 323-817-3205 CA
    6922 Hollywood Blvd #500
    Los Angeles, California
    United States

J2 EFAX SERVICES 323-817-3205 CA Without authorization charged $99 to my credit card, and I have never done business with them. Los Angeles California

*Author of original report: I WAS WRONG. DIDN'T READ EMAILS WHICH WERE WELL IN ADVANCE AND CLEAR.

About the time I moved to a new city and wasn't watching credit card statements carefully, they simply charged $99 without authorization or any kind of transaction. I have never done business with this company and have never heard of them to my knowledge.

The date of transaction was November 20, 2017, posting 11/21/2017 and the credit card was issued by Barclay Bank.

3/8/18: When calling the phone number given on the credit card statement, the first time when it became clear that I didn't have a fax number with them the line went dead. The second time calling, when it became clear I didn't have a fax number with them a representative came on the phone and asked how I could help and wanted to know the amount of the charge I was disputing. After saying "$99" he said he would put me in touch with an account representative, at which point I got a music on hold line with frequent recording saying "Your call is very important to us; please remain on the line for the next avaialble representative." This went on from 9:33 PM ET to ... (still waiting)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2018 07:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/j2-efax-services-323-817-3205-ca/los-angeles-california-90028-6125/j2-efax-services-323-817-3205-ca-without-authorization-charged-99-to-my-credit-card-and-1433324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I WAS WRONG. DIDN'T READ EMAILS WHICH WERE WELL IN ADVANCE AND CLEAR.

AUTHOR: Keith - (United States)

I retract my complaint. Two emails were sent 1 and 2 months in advance of the transition from my fax company Fax87 to their purchaser, EFAX, the company in question here.

They dealt with my concern and complaint carefully and responsibly, and offered to take a request for a refund, but I delcined since clearly I did not read my emails. My bad, not theirs.