Complaint Review: Jeff Ellis Contracting

• Jeff Ellis Contracting
    7367 Chapparal Circle East
    Aurora, Colorado
    United States

Jeff Ellis Contracting Jeff Ellis Music Foundation PERFORMED PARTIAL HORRIBLE WORK; LEFT STATE AND LEFT JOB UNFINISHED AND TOOK FUNDS NOT EARNED Aurora Colorado

Mr. Jeffrey Ellis posing as a licensed contractor entered into a contracting agreement with me during November 2017 in Pittsburgh, PA. The scope of the contract being a basement remodel in my home.

A subsequent change order was added to the contact on November 22, 2017 with a scope of repair work to a front entry overhang on my home. Mr. Ellis and his 'helper' ( Dan ) worked several hours on the overhang during first week December. The repair work that was done was deplorable and the job was left unfinished.

Many numerous attempts through calls and texts to reach Mr. Ellis in December and in January went unanswered. Only when I hunted him down via email that I wrote to a catholic church in the Colorado area did I receive a response from his wife.  His wife was in no way part of the contract; yet she first responded on his behalf.  All the while; Mr. Ellis ( perhaps hiding ) was in Colorado with his wife.  Nonetheless, Mr.  Ellis is unwilling to return funds that whe did not earn.

I paid Mr. Ellis the full labor cost for the overhang upfront on day one of the job as the job should have been ~1-1/2 days of work.  He never returned and as stated above the work he did is deplorable - not strong enough of a word. I am now faced with costs to fix his mess.

I paid Mr. Ellis a portion of lthe abor cost for my basement and he refuses to return this amount. He claims he did 'prep' work visiting Home Depot picking out items for the job.  He did not one minute of physical labor inside my home.

I have since terminated the contract with Mr. Ellis.  I have entered a complaint with the BBB and it is in process.

I want to warn and educate consumers in PA or in CO to not openly enter into contracting work with Mr. Jeffrey Ellis.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2018 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jeff-ellis-contracting/aurora-colorado-80016/jeff-ellis-contracting-jeff-ellis-music-foundation-performed-partial-horrible-work-left-1428255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content