Complaint Review: Jessie Bennet, principal at Bennett Web Services and Bennett Author Services - Belmont Massachusetts

• Submitted: Mon, January 22, 2018
  • Updated: Wed, February 07, 2018
  • Reported By: Donna — Cambridge other United States
  • Jessie Bennet, principal at Bennett Web Services and Bennett Author Services
    15 Trowbridge Street
    Belmont, Massachusetts
    United States

Jessie Bennet, principal at Bennett Web Services and Bennett Author Services Bennett Web Services Bennett Author Services Stephen Burt Deceptive Business Practices, Fraud Belmont Massachusetts

I met Jessie Bennett and her husband Stephen Burt one night at a Belmont PTA meeting. Jessie Bennett is a web designer and social media consultant, and specializes in providing websites for authors and independent publishers. She was founding editor of Beacon Broadside, the blog for Beacon Press, where she worked as Digital Content Developer. Prior to that she was Assistant Editor for Rain Taxi Review of Books in Minneapolis, and webmaster for Ruminator Review. She has lived in Belmont with her family for ten years, and has one child each at CheneryMiddle School and Burbank Elementary, where she served for the past two years as Co-President of the PTA. Her husband is Stephen Burt. He is a Professor of English at HarvardUniversity. Stephen Burt is a poet, literary critic, and professor. His essay collection Close Calls with Nonsense, burt@fas. [continued below]....

.....harvard.edu. His website is https://www.closecallswithnonsense.com/

Jessie's previous FBE involvement includes graphic design work for the Spelling Bee. Ms. Bennett holds a BA in Theatre Arts from the University of Minnesota.

She promised me she could provide tailored guidance to authors like me in promoting my work without being crass. She stated she could help me determine how extensive my online presence can and should be. From websites to Facebook to Twitter to YouTube to wherever we go next, She also stated she could help me find my voice online.

She further stated she was a freelance editor and writer for book reviews, author interviews, and original essays for outlets including Babble, Rain Taxi Review of Books, Ruminator Review, and Publishers Weekly. As a result, I trusted her. That's when the problems arose: I gave her a large deposit of money to start my website and etc… I never heard from her or her husband again. They won't return my calls either. I want my money back. This has been over a year. Jessie and her husband live at 15 Trowbridge StreetBelmont, MA, 02478. I don't get it, the Town of Belmont is so small. They should be embarrassed, they have no shame.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2018 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jessie-bennet-principal-at-bennett-web-services-and-bennett-author-services/belmont-massachusetts-02478/jessie-bennet-principal-at-bennett-web-services-and-bennett-author-services-bennett-web-1424462. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content