NOTICE! Those consumers located in the European Union, effective 5/24/2018 due to the GDPR, citizens of any GDPR applicable country or anyone sitting in, or operating from, such country are prohibited from using this site. Read our Terms of Service to learn more. By using our site you understand and agree to these terms. Don't blame us... blame Europe! This site uses cookies to store information on your computer which may track your browsing behavior on our site and provide you with ads or other offers that may be relevant to you. Some are essential to make our site work; others help us improve the user experience. Read our Privacy Policy to learn more.

Report: #600906

Complaint Review: Jim Walter Homes - Walter Mortgage Company - Tampa Florida

  • Submitted: Fri, May 07, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, May 07, 2010
  • Reported By: Sheila — Vancleave Mississippi United States of America
  • Jim Walter Homes - Walter Mortgage Company
    4211 W. Boy Scout Blvd.
    Tampa, Florida
    United States of America

Jim Walter Homes - Walter Mortgage Company Walter Investment Management Corporation, Jim Walter Homes Linda Cloby Paid in full still owed, was cursed at, informal proceeding of foreclosure Tampa, Florida

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..
Linda Colby said I paid in full. I still got a bill the next month for $980. They keep trying to force their insurance on us and we can't find any other insurance that will insure a Jim Walter home. Jim Walter only provides 90% of building services the other 10% is left up to the consumer, whether it be electric, plumbing, painting, etc. What they tell you in (fine print) the contract is that you are left with the 10% to complete the home with no knowledge of what that 10% could be. They keep reefering us to Linda Colby but we refuse to deal with her because she has conducted herself in a very unprofessional manner (cursing at us over the phone and telling us that if we didn't have the payment there the next day to take our money and rent a uhaul). I refuse to deal with someone in such an unprofessional manner. A lawyer sent a letter to me saying he saw an afidavit for foreclosure in the courthouse and I have not recieved any notice of such a foreclosure from the company. It seems they would be more willing to work with my husband and I because we are both disabled. All I would like is a little bit of common courtesy and respect from someone in the company that can tell me what is actually going on with my home preceedings.     

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2010 04:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!