Complaint Review: Johann’s Independent Mercedes BMW Service - Los Angeles California

• Submitted: Sun, November 04, 2018
  • Updated: Sun, November 04, 2018
  • Reported By: Brian — Los Angeles CA United States
  • Johann’s Independent Mercedes BMW Service
    1040 N La Brea Ave, Unit C
    Los Angeles, California
    United States

Johann’s Independent Mercedes BMW Service Worst customer service, possibly homophobic, price gouging scam Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: Why Are You Going To A Dealer?

I had the worst, possibly homophobic, experience here out of any auto shop I’ve ever been to. My ’85 Mercedes was there for 9 DAYS over the course of THREE WEEKS (that was a lot of time off work to drop it off & pick it up, plus uber fares), and cost me $650. What did they do? Put on a used $70 tire.

I went in for way bigger problems: stalling, exhaust smell, brake issues. They charged me up front, said they’d fix it, then didn’t do a thing. Every time I’d go to pick it up, they’d say bring it back next week, they still don’t know what’s wrong, or didn’t have enough time to get to it.

No one would look at or talk to me. The main guy would actively turn away from me to have a conversation with his friend, his phone, or another customer that just showed up, after I was waiting pertinently for upwards of 20 minutes. Is he homophobic? Because I present as gay and was treated like crap at every interaction, but he seemed hospitable to everyone else.

In the end, I didn’t get my $650 back, they didn’t fix anything, and I wasted a bunch of time. He kept saying “bring it back if you have any problems.” I told him, “since it’s been with you, it’s been turning off as I’m driving 3x more often.” He just shrugged and said “call me if there’s any problems.” !?!?! I ended up going to Beverly Laurel down the street and they knew EXACTLY was was wrong and fixed my staling issue in 3 HOURS for $100 LESS. They’re both 5 stars on yelp, but I went here because there were more reviews for this business. Again, maybe it’s the gay thing. Either way, it was the wrong choice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2018 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/johanns-independent-mercedes-bmw-service/los-angeles-california-90038/johanns-independent-mercedes-bmw-service-worst-customer-service-possibly-homophobic-p-1466543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Why Are You Going To A Dealer?

AUTHOR: The Dog - (United States)

The FRAUD and DECEPTION which is common place on the sales floor, has flown into the shop like raw sewage on a down hill street! Find a good independent mechanic. You will find honesty and integrity, no price gouging, competent mechanics and much better customer service. Do this NOW! There's NEVER any reason for ANYONE to go to ANY dealer for non-warranty repairs or in warranty routine service. Apparently you must feel really guilty about your "life style" if any time you don't get your way, in your mind it's because somebody doesn't like you!