Complaint Review: kaybrighton studio - Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I dont need to do a whole cyber bashing session to plead my case. I would rather the evidence speak for itself and if people still want to convince themselves that purchasing from this studio is a sound ethical decision; then they can do so knowing that this designer is a fraud and a thief.
It only takes a few minutes of research to learn that this studio should face punitive charges and if anything should be given ZERO business.
Evidently from a past photography studio , she has engaged in the same unethical practices per another ripoff report although I have never witnessed it.
- First, Restored 316 is a Studio Press recommended 3rd party genesis child theme developer. Having Studio Press recommend you as a Genesis designer is an honor and thus ensures their customers are recieving well coded child themes.
- Head over to www.restored316designs.com and read the designer's business integrity blog post to be given a picture of kay brighton's rip off http://restored316designs.com/blog/2015/05/doing-business-with-integrity.
- Look at Kay Brighton's wordpresstheme she uses for her own site and compare it to Restored 316's theme http://restored316designs.com/product/adorn-theme/. However, you will notice she no longer sells the wordpress themes that she once boasted were her own ( you will find evidence of this on her facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/KayBrightonStudio )
- More specifically here are 2 links to specific posts that boasts her new wordrpress themes that she stole from Restored 316's Floursih and Adorn them designs
- https://www.facebook.com/KayBrightonStudio/photos/a.1425482311035917.1073741827.1425481601035988/1487912074792940/?type=1&theater https://www.facebook.com/KayBrightonStudio/photos/a.1425489081035240.1073741828.1425481601035988/1554228611494619/?type=1&theater
- After that go to www. AngieMakes.com and peruse her site . Pay close attention to her footer link that uses a "made with ( insert heart icon)" then compare it to Kay Brighton's footer link. Also, look ar Kay Brighton's favicon tht she uses in comparison to Restored 316 designs.
- I showed specifics from 2 different businesses, however her blogger designs are a combination of designs from etsy designers. Building blogger themes is a very large market and designs are similair due to less customization options. Im not sure of the copyright laws abiding blogger templates.
I gave you some links to follow to show you specific examples stolen wordrpress designs including similiar copyrighting , but for whatever reason ( most likely due to some cease and desist letters via Restored 316 that she references in her blog post but I cant be sure) she doesnt sell wordpress themes anymore. Aside from the documeneted accounts , I will list a couple of other obvious signs that this designer is a fraud.
- GO to her site and look at her designs and demo content then look at her pricing strategies. She lacks any cohesive pricing strategy . Her blogger designs for no stated reason range start at 34.00, then jump to random numbers like 35.00 , 20.00 40.00 and even one's she claim are custom that are 150.00 and then another custom that is 600.00. This is most likely do to purchase pricing from other designers and she tailors the price according to how much she pays. If you are familiar with blogger templates , they are a bit easier to develop/design ( although thats an opinion via observation). However REAL desigers who code their websites and customize them independently and legally sell their blogger themes for most often 2 prices ; one for premade templates that will be resold and another for a custom one of a kind design.
- Look through her site demos and read her customization options. She does not have many if ANY as these are calibrated per their web designers and plugins. Look at hr two custom template options that she offers for $150.00 and $$600.00. When purchasing them she has a "shop/place in cart" button but no instructions on customizations. I would be willing to bet if you purchased one of these you would get a template and that is it -if that .
- Also look at her showcase. Their is absolutely no modified blogger templates only the product demo of her custom theme option . If a designer offers a 600.00 custom blogger theme/template. She is either A. showing the template and selling it as a one of kind or 2. she is going to make you a custom blog design and uses a dummy / or past custom design as her product demo. The showcase has examples of where someone purchased the "CUSTOM " design but it is the same template used in the product demo. WHERE THERE IS PORTFOLIO OF CUSTOM DESIGNS THERE IS MOST LIKELY NO CUSTOM DESIGNS DEVELOPED. Designers are proud to show their custom work . If this is hard to understand please go and see for yourself . This is all very evident on her site.
- Lastly , check out other design studios ( the reputable ones and look at their legal or FAQ section). Most reputable designers do not copyright their themes ( this is not including the stock photos etc). They count on the integrity of other designers to tweak their designs for client use and purchase seperate single license for each client or if possible buy a developers license ( see example on studio press/organic themes/angie makes/bluchic/Restored 316 just to name a few). Now look at Kay Brighton's copyright statement and although this is not concrete but merely underscores her fraudelent practices and lck o deigner skills.
If you really want to see how Kay Brighton Studio's has built her studio off a cumulation of designs and copyrights stolen from other studios, take a good few minutes to look over the websites/theme developers I have listed and then compare it to hers. This is truly sad and pathetic .
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2015 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kaybrighton-studio/internet/kaybrighton-studio-plagarizes-and-steals-wordpress-themes-from-designers-and-resells-as-1233155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.