Complaint Review: Kenneth B. Schurr - Coral Gables Florida

• Kenneth B. Schurr
    2030 S. Douglas Road
    Coral Gables, Florida
    United States

I hired ken Schurr to represent me in a business dispute. He claimed to know how to try a case and litigate.  I do not believe he knows what he is doing.

He is married to Judge Valerie Mano Schurr and bragged about how well connected he was and how he knew the judge on my case.  It turns out that he was an aweful attorney and a ripoff. He did not receive any special treatment from the courts and lost my hearing in a big way.

He was completely unprepared when we went to court and he did not know the applicable law.  His billing was outrageous and he is simply a hack who has no business practicing law.  I fired him after we lost the hearing and would strongly avoid this attorney at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2018 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kenneth-b-schurr/coral-gables-florida-33134/kenneth-b-schurr-ken-schurr-represented-me-in-court-and-was-a-terrible-attorney-coral-ga-1451485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

"Dan" is really Daniel Kaplan, a family lawyer who was sued by his law partners, and lost. And then he refused to pay his legal bills

AUTHOR: Ken - (United States)

Yes, I represented "Dan" who is really Daniel Kaplan, a family lawyer located in Aventura.  In 2017, Dan was sued by his former law partners for several improprieties, and because Dan was accused of publishing defamatory statements about his law partners to the firm's clients, similar to the way Dan published a false and defamatory statement about me online.  Before I got involved in the litigation between Dan and his former law firm partners, the judge in Dan's case had already issued an injunction against Dan prohibiting him from publishing more derogatory or defamatory statements about his former law firm partners.   Dan hired me and a few other lawyers to assist him in getting the injunction vacated and I was only involved in Dan's case for 4-5 weeks.   But, because the facts did not favor Dan's legal position, the judge refused to vacate the injunction.  And yes, I charged Dan for the work I did.  But, Dan refused to pay what he owed and so Dan was sued for the unpaid fees.

Dan was so upset he got sued and had to pay the fees that he went online and posted a false and defamatory statement about me as a form of retaliation.  For what it's worth, Dan went on with the litigation with his former law partners, and he lost.  In fact, the Special Magistrate in Dan's case issued a report which was highly critical of Dan, and the Daily Business Review published a few articles about the litigation between Dan and his former law partners.  For more information about Dan, go to Flabar.org and read about why he was admonished by the Florida Bar for the unkind things he said about another lawyer that crossed his path.     Dan knows that his online posting is false, but he uses it as a soap box to lash out at me for suing him.  Dan's other lawyers made a point to tell me that they thought I handled his case extremely well.  I did the best I could for Dan, but the facts were overwhelmingly against us.   The only truthful thing that Dan mentioned in his online post is that he did not get any special treatment.  Dan, in case you didn't know, none of us are entitled to any special treatment.  Shame on you for thinking you were entitled.