X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Life Essentials Health Center - Mount Pleasant South Carolina

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Patrice — Mount Pleasant South Carolina United States
  • Life Essentials Health Center 1501 Highway 17, Unit H Mount Pleasant, South Carolina United States

Life Essentials Health Center Maximized Living / Life Essential Health Center On radio advertising for a special price for a medical evaluation to first five listeners who call in. Sign up callers on the telephone with a mandatory PRE-payment by credit card for first visit. Do not tell you money is NOT refundable for any reason whatsoever. Mount Pleasant South Carolina

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

On Saturday, April 21, Dr. Brian Class (Chiropractor) spoke on his radio show, "Maximize Your Health."  He gave a lecture that ended with an offer to the first five listeners who called his office for an appointment, saying they would get an initial consult with a doctor that includes a medical history evaluation, computerized system scan and the results of that scan for only $45.00, normally a $148.00 value.

About 20 minutes after the broadcasr I called the number he gave on the radio and received a recording stating that I was one of the first five listeners to call and that someone would get right back to me.  Shortly thereafter, I received a telephone call.  I spoke with "Adi."  We talked about health care in the USA.  After a short while, she asked me if I wanted to book an appointment.  I said yes.  She said I would be required to pay the $45.00 in advance.  I gave her my credit card information.  She booked an appointment for me at 10:00am on Friday April 27, 2018.  She NEVER stated at that time that the money was NOT refundable if I cancelled my appointment.

On Sunday, April 22, I went onto their website "Life Essentials Health Center | MaxLiving,"  (maximizedlivingdrclass.com/), to download and print out their new patient application.  As I was filling in the 6 page questionnaire, I came across several statements that caused me to question what I was getting into.  I called twice to leave recorded messages asking questions about their policies.  By the third phone call I told them I wanted a refund of my credit card charge.  Each time I had called there was the same recording: "Congratulations! You are one of the first five listeners to call and win the special offer (of a $45.00 visit instead of a $148.00 visit)."

On Monday, April 23, 2018, I received an email containing a separate attachment with the new patient intake forms (the ones I had downloaded from their site the day before).  Near the bottom of the email, there was a statement that said, "Please note: This is an exclusive offer and is non-refundable and non-transferable."  This was the first time these facts were made available to the consumer!  At 10:00 am,

on Monday, April 23, 2018, I called the office of the Life Essentials health Center to ask for a refund.  I was told by "Carley" (Assistant to the Chiropractor) that they don't give refunds.  I told her that they are in violation of the 2012 SouthCarolina Code of Laws Title 37 - Consumer Protection Code Chapter 2 - CREDIT SALES Section 37-2-502 - Buyer's right to cancel.

I believe that the Life essentials Health Center is fraudulently attracting unsuspecting radio listeners on FM 94.3 in Mount Pleasant, SC, telling them they have won a "special offer," then signing them up when they call -- but not telling them they cannot cancel and get a refund of monies paid up front should they have a change of heart -- in order to ensnare patients for their medical practice, or at the very least, make some money off of those people if they try to get out of it in advance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2018 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/life-essentials-health-center/mount-pleasant-south-carolina-29464/life-essentials-health-center-maximized-living-life-essential-health-center-on-radio-ad-1439863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair