Complaint Review: Locksmith directory .com - Virginia Beach Virginia

• Reported By: Jamie — Virginia Beach Virginia United States
  • Locksmith directory .com

Virginia Beach, Virginia
    United States

Locksmith directory .com locallocksmithdirectory.com Directory advertises prices that are grossly underestimated Virginia Virginia Beach Virginia

I called this locksmith directory around 8:15A.M. on a work day. They dispatched a lock Smith. I was never provided the locksmith business name or the technician’s name, not even when the technician was on site. The site advertises prices for residential starting at $19.00. It cost $179.00. I completely understand this is a base price. My complaint is that the full section on pricing estimates for residential services states the national average for my job runs between $19 and $200 depending on the level of security and labor involved. The technician showed up in a unmarked car, did NOT give his name and was EASILY able to pop the door open with the use of 2 air wedges. He did not need to pick the lock to provide me access. This indicates to me as an occasional locksmith customer that this job was a simple job. His labor was minimal and time elapsed was less than 5 minutes. It took him longer to call in my credit card payment than it did to complete the job. I called the directory back and asked to speak with a manager to discuss this web advertisement of theirs that grossly underestimated costs just to get business. I was told a manager would call me back shortly. After an hour elapsed, I called again and was told the complaint was never entered the first time I called. Natasha assured me that she would enter the complaint and a manager would call me back shortly. Once again my complaint was simply ignored and I’ve given up finding a resolution through this directory service. I will not be using this service again and will tell my friends of the bad service I received. I feel there advertisements are grossly misleading. If popping a low security lock with air wedges is 180 from a price range of $19-200 then is the 19 price if you just need a locksmith to call and walk you thru how to insert and turn the key in the lock?!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2018 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/locksmith-directory-com/virginia-beach-virginia/locksmith-directory-com-locallocksmithdirectorycom-directory-advertises-prices-that-are-1442455. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content