Complaint Review: Longhorn Wrecker

1825 California Crossing Road
    Dallas, Texas
    United States of America

Longhorn Wrecker Longhorn Towing illegally towed my car. Dallas, Texas

On the night of February 19, 2012, my car was illegally towed by Longhorn Wrecking from the CityScape Apartments parking lot. In order to park in a private lot such as this one, a parking "sticker" (its actually a piece of paper) must be present in order to prevent your car from being impounded. Being the rule abiding person that I am, I had the sticker placed in my back windshield. A few hours later when I came back to the apartments, my car was gone.

Frantically, I called the wrecking service and spoke with an atrociously, vile woman who could not be polite to save her life. I explained my situation, the fact that my parking sticker was indeed present, and that the problem needed to be fixed immediately. She insisted that the driver said that there wasn't any parking sticker present and that I would have to come to the lot and pay to get my car back. After paying $165, I was able to retrieve my car. And what was laying in the backseat of my car? The sticker. Now if I am not mistaken, cars are towed from the rear and thanks to the laws of gravity light objects (such as pieces of paper) would fall onto the backseat. Had the "sticker" been on the backseat the entire time, logically, it would have fallen to the floor board of the car. Obviously the invalids working at Longhorn do not realize that people will, and do notice their foul business practices. All in all, I think it is safe to say that Longhorn Wreckers and various apartment complexes are teaming together to scam customers and make a quick buck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2012 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/longhorn-wrecker/dallas-texas-75220/longhorn-wrecker-longhorn-towing-illegally-towed-my-car-dallas-texas-842343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content