Complaint Review: Lynda Watts - Stockton California

• Lynda Watts
    4214 Arch Rd.
    Stockton, California
    United States

Lynda Watts Lynda Lakes Misrepresented a horse, Promised horse had passed vet check and promised to provide vet records, guaranteed return of horse but will not answer text messages or phone call Stockton California

*Author of original report: Seller has contacted me

I purchased a horse from Lynda Watts of Stockton. I found out about her from a dream horse ad.

Lynda told me the horse was sound and that she had x-rays and a vet check prior to her getting the horse 6 months earlier. She stated that she had the records and that she would provide them to me. She also stated that she could contact the vet clinic to get a copy. We took the horse on a 5 day trial basis as she stated she did not have space on her ranch and had brought the horse in just for me.She stated he could be returned if it was not a good fit. After the horse had been picked up, Lynda said that she was unable to find the vet records and was unable to get the vet report because it was under someone elses name.  I then scheduled a vet check. The horse did not pass. I contacted her and told her the horse was unsuitable for my use and I wanted to return him. She stated that someone in her family had died and she needed to go away to attend the funeral but would return Monday. I called and texted on Monday and Tuesday and she is not responding. I had a second vet x-ray the horse and do a soundness check. The horse has serious issues and can not be ridden.

The vet stated that the horse has had these issues for a long time and a vet check 6 months ago would have shown the extent of the injury. I paid $6000 cash for this horse and an additional $600 in vet care. I have a contract with a guarantee trade in option for a horse of equal value. I can not resolve the issue as she will not return calls and text messages. I am hopeful that this can be resolved and that she will honor her contract. Each day that passes I become less hopeful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2018 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/lynda-watts/stockton-california-95215/lynda-watts-lynda-lakes-misrepresented-a-horse-promised-horse-had-passed-vet-check-and-pr-1450152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Seller has contacted me

AUTHOR: Concerned Buyer - (United States)

I received a text and the promise of a follow up call in an effort to work things out. I am hopeful. I will post when a satisfactory resolution has been reached.