Complaint Review: MARRIOTT FINANCIAL SERVICES - Nationwide

• MARRIOTT FINANCIAL SERVICES
    2665 TROUT LAKE ROAD
    Nationwide
    Canada

MARRIOTT FINANCIAL SERVICES sweepstakes rip-off, unclaimed prize money NORTH BAY, ONTARIONORTH BAY Ontario ontario canada

I received a letter from Marriott Financial Services telling me I am the winner of $95,000.00 US funds from readers digest, publishers clearing house or on-line sweepstakes. Enclosed was a legitimate looking check for $3,190.00. included was a claim number.I was to deposit the check and call the phone number provided. I did this and since my accounts with my bank are in good standing, it was apparently funded. I called the number and was instructed to send $2,950.00 viA WESTERN UNION to a HOUSTO, TEXAS location. Before sending the money I looked up their name in your rip-off reports and found other scam reports.

I called my bank and they informed me that if the check does not clear i will be debited the funds, and it could be as long as a month before i could be sure it was a good chev\ck.

They do not accept checks, only a Western Unoin or moneygram.
My bank also advised me that it was a scam, fraud, and that no one requires a processing fee in advance to collect winnings.

How do we catch these crooks and put them out of bussiness???

Bernard
coral springs, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2007 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/marriott-financial-services/nationwide/marriott-financial-services-sweepstakes-rip-off-unclaimed-prize-money-north-bay-ontarion-246759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content