Complaint Review: Mashu Mashu Box

• Updated: Mon, November 13, 2017
  • Reported By: Quebec Gift-Giver — Montreal Quebec Canada
  • Mashu Mashu Box

Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv

Mashu Mashu Box MashuMashu MashuMashuBox MashuMashu Box Katya Koko Paid for 7 months of a monthly mailed gift box subscription; merchant disappeared Ramat Gan Tel Aviv

*Author of original report: Credit Card Company to the rescue, matter is now closed

I am a Canadian, and I purchased 7 monthly gift subscription boxes from the Israeli company Mashu Mashu Box ( in April (2017). The boxes were to consist of local artisanal crafts, snacks, foods, spices, skin care products, perfumes, bath products, makeup, jewellery, beauty products, etc. I paid the full total at once, through PayPal. After Box #4 failed to arrive and the owner, Katya Koko, ignored my many emails and Facebook requests for a month, I sent a notice through PayPal. It took her a month after that to send me Boxes 4+5, with many apologies and excuses. Box #6 is now a month late and Box #7 is due, and the owner has been ignoring requests for info, updates, and/or reimbursements, sent to all her FB and email accounts. I also sent several PayPal Reimbursement Requests, with no response.

PayPal can get involved within 180 days of the original purchase; this deadline has passed. The Mashu Mashu Box website has been down, "Under Maintence [sic]” for several weeks, the company Facebook and Instagram pages have not been updated since July (when the owner first stopped responding to emails), and the owner seems to be selling off random gift boxes piece by piece on her Etsy, Facebook and other pages. The owner is still active on her personal FB, Pinterest and Instagram pages. I suspect she will declare bankruptcy for the company and try to keep my (and other people’s) money.

I would like my money back. I prepaid $248 USD for 7 boxes (6 boxes and 1 bonus box). I did not receive 2 of the 7 boxes. I am thus owed $70.86 USD. MashuMashuBox Contact Info: Relevant Websites:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2017 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Credit Card Company to the rescue, matter is now closed

AUTHOR: It's - (Canada)

I contacted my credit card company (my card is linked to my PayPal account), and the service agent was able to take action, even at this late date. Within a week of filing a claim, I received a PayPal refund from the seller in the amount of the payment request I had sent repeatedly over the previous 2 months. The remainder of the money owed for my purchase is now back in my hands and this matter is now closed. Thank goodness for the protections offered by PayPal and credit card companies.