Complaint Review: MBScomputerINC - Tom's Custom Computers - Extreme-Power-Computers INC - Accessory-World INC - Nationwide
- MBScomputerINC - Tom's Custom Computers - Extreme-Power-Computers INC - Accessory-World INC http://www.gttech.com Nationwide U.S.A.
- Category: Employers
GT Tech - MBScomputerINC - Tom's Custom Computers - Extreme-Power-Computers - Accessory-World INC - Cindy -Elizabeth Ross - interviewmanager_001 - john_john5133 - tdirecthiringmanager and anyone else that asks you to get a Yahoo ID Nationwide *NOTICE..!! this ripoff has nothing to do with Yahoo search engine - many rip-off businesses use the Yahoo name to fool consumers.
*Consumer Suggestion: cindy_james99, Cindy James part of this scam
1. Description of the company. If you go on the "company's" website, you'll see the contact information consists of three emails, all unreachable. One of them didn't even get the description in even though I asked.
2. Job offer: Accounting Clerk/Customer Service/Data Entry/Payroll. Can you handle any of these? (I got this question more than once from one lady).
3. About you: What is your name, address, phone number?
4. Disclaimer: Are you aware that this job offer is work from home and strictly online?
5. Work environment: Do you have a Printer, Fax Machine, Copier, Scanner?
6. Experience: Have you ever worked from home?
7. Disclaimer-ish? "What do you understand by privacy and code of conduct?" Verbatim from both people. For the second one I thought it was funny and said "I love it, it's awesome!" She just asked the question again.
8. What is your clerical speed?
9. How do you handle work under pressure?
10. Payment: Do you prefer bi-weekly or weekly? Wire transfer, direct deposit, or check? Who do you bank with?
11. Finally, a description of duties: You will receive your duties via email, and I (the person you're chatting with) will assist you in your duties.
"Your Primary duties include: Preparation of Balance sheets (Mini), account balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accountingdatabase all these will be done through the use of the Accounting Software.
your secondary daily duties would be to report to your Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, He/She would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the Microsoft Office tools and the Accounting software. Now the function of the Accounting software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail."
12. One lady asked to wait while she "discussed" my application with HR. I had to email my information to another yahoo address. Then, surprise surprise, I got the job!!!
13. You must purchase "BS 1 Accounting software ,MYOB bussiness essentials software 2009,Peach Tree Software ( US Patent Single Users Pack ),simply accounting 2009. Microsoft Office Accounting,Sirius GT Accounting For Windows" from them. $350 minimum. I actually told one lady that I already had it, and she moved on to making me post craigslist ads. Apparently the money is to test employees' "committment" to them. Interesting.
So I convinced one lady that I already had all of the software, including the "IBM laptop" I also apparently needed. So she said it was fine and left for awhile to find me another job. Lady #2 was not so happy. She kept repeating that I needed to buy software from the company. So I finally agreed, and she gave me a name and address to send the Western Union Money.
At this point, had I sent the money, I would have been in big trouble. But I didn't. I actually decided I'd get in an argument and tell her I had sent the money just to mess with the company a little. I have to admit, I had a little fun with it.
If anyone would like the transcripts or emails (or the bogus "contract" that was supposed to guarantee reimbursement) please post here. I would love to send these idiots to where they belong. Please do NOT ever add someone on Yahoo Messenger for the sake of an "online interview". It is most definitely a scam.
Below is the original email:
How are you doing today ? Hope all is great and you are doing fine.. ? Your resume was successfully reviewed and presently being reviewed on job wwww.Thejobplanet.com by the appropriate department. Based on your resume, you possess the required skills that we look for in a candidate for this position..
In the meantime, we need you to set-up a Yahoo Mail Account Or hotmail account and have this id [insert random ID here] added to your Yahoo Messenger buddy list (Only If you haven't got a Yahoo ID)..You would be undergoing an Online Briefing / Interview through the Yahoo Messenger that you would be setting-up.online . A briefing and interview has been scheduled for you online I would be online waiting for you.
Your urgent reply to this Recruiting Process your effective and timely response matters alot.As you are fully aware, the working schedule is very flexible and you can endeavour to work from home comfortably.Endeavour to get on line ASAP.
Kindly get back to us as soon as possible..
Mrs Cindy James
[insert bogus company here]
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 06:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mbscomputerinc-toms-custom-computers-extreme-power-computers-inc-accessory-world-inc/nationwide/gt-tech-mbscomputerinc-toms-custom-computers-extreme-power-computers-accessory-455679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.