Report: #197313

• Reported By: Lynn Massachusetts
  • McNeil's Auto Body & Radiator
    236 Rantoul St.
    Beverly, Massachusetts

McNeil's Auto Body & Radiator ripoff thieves unprofessional Beverly Massachusetts

*Author of original report: Still wouldn't use them again.

June 2006, I brought my 1994 car to McNeil's to have a front fender hammered out and the directional replaced. I received a quote on Friday of $175.00.

I brought the car in on Monday like I was asked, and was then told I was misquoted. That it would be $200.00 in labor alone. I was told it would take 5 hours of labor to do this.
1 1/2 hours to take the pannel off.
1 hour to hammer out the dent.
1 1/2 hours to put the pannel back on.
1 hour to insert the directional and bend the corner of the hood back.

(I called another company since, and it would only be 1/2 to 45 minutes to remove the pannel, and 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to reinstall.)

Now my car was going to cost $275.00 instead of $175.00. Like an idiot, I left the car there anyway. I had already reserved a car rental down the street. I was told they might not finish that day, but it would definately be done the next.

By 3:00 PM the next day I heard nothing from them, so I called, and they told me they wouldn't be done with the car until 11:00 the following morning. They hadn't even hammered out the dent yet.

Now, I'd already returned the rental. Do Not Waste Your Money with these guys. There are plenty of reputable Auto Body places in the area. Boycott, boycott, boycott, boycott!

Jason
Lynn, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2006 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mcneils-auto-body-radiator/beverly-massachusetts-01915/mcneils-auto-body-radiator-ripoff-thieves-unprofessional-beverly-massachusetts-197313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Still wouldn't use them again.

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

After getting off the phone with them, and having them tell me the car wouldn't be ready until 11:30 the next morning.... I got a call back from them at 4:40 saying the car was ready. In only one hour and 10 minutes, they put the fender back on the car (I was told the day before that takes an hour and a half) after hammering out the dent, and put in the new directional.

Obviously their intent was to rip me off, but after giving them a real hard time about it, they ended up charging me $197.00.

Would I recogmend them? Nope, never.