Complaint Review: merlinvfx.com - Los Angeles California

• merlinvfx.com
    1601 Vine Street
    Los Angeles, California
    United States

merlinvfx.com Merlin Malory -- Did not deliver services after I paid, he kept my money and hard drive, stopped responding to emails. Los Angeles California

*General Comment: linkedin

*Author of original report: Sorry to hear that, Jill!

*Consumer Comment: The same thing just happened to me

WARNING - BEWARE OF THIS PERSON/BUSINESS

It appears he uses the name, Merlin Malory, as a pseudonym - not as a real artist uses a pen name for privacy, but as a scam artist uses a veil for secrecy. I paid him some money upfront in order for him to provide VFX and Color Correction services via PayPal. His method is to require in his invoice that payment be made as "Friends and Family" rather than "Goods and Services." He went as far as to meet me in person to collect the hard drive, so I know that the suspect is a male. He did not deliver any of the VFX or color correction services he was paid to perform and absconded with both the money and my hard drive. He feigned cooperation to return both, but did not refund either my money or return my hard drive, which contains my footage. Both PayPal and the authorities have been notified, so some recourse may come for me but unlikely. Beware of his general modus operandi.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2018 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/merlinvfxcom/los-angeles-california-90028/merlinvfxcom-merlin-malory-did-not-deliver-services-after-i-paid-he-kept-my-money-and-1451191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

linkedin

AUTHOR: pat - (United States)

Sorry to hear that, Jill!

AUTHOR: Derek - (United States)

Definitely report to PayPal and don't let them give you the run around -- they wont be able to refund your money if you paid through "Friends and Family" but they will look into his transaction history to see that multiple people filed a dispute. My suggestion is to also dispute the transaction with your bank and they will investigate for you, but do it as soon as you can. I'm in the process of filing a police report, might be helpful to file a joint one. You can find me on facebook "derek bryan" if you'd like. I actually have a photo of him.

The same thing just happened to me

AUTHOR: Jill - (United States)

The same thing just happened to me with him, how do we take him down? I also paid through Paypal, and will be reporting the transaction. What does he look like in person? I never met him but he was willing to talk on the phone so I knew he was male.