Complaint Review: Midland Funding LLC as successor in interest of At&t SBC Midwest Consumer - Novi Michigan

• Submitted: Thu, December 21, 2017
  • Updated: Thu, December 21, 2017
  • Reported By: Sherri — Clarkston Michigan United States
  • Midland Funding LLC as successor in interest of At&t SBC Midwest Consumer
    24300 Karim BLVD
    Novi, Michigan
    United States

Midland Funding LLC as successor in interest of At&t SBC Midwest Consumer Mary Jane Elliott P.C. Fraudulently garnished my wages Novi Michigan

On October 19th 2017 I was served a notice of wage garnishment by my employeer which stated that Midland Funding LLC was garnishing$2200 from my wages for payment of an account as successor in interest of AT&T Midwest Consumer.  To my recollection I have never had anyb type of account with AT&T. I attempted to contact Midland Funding as well as their attorney Mary Jane Elliott regarding this to which I was told I owed money based on an account number.

when I asked what type of account, when and where I supposedly had this account I was told "I don't know" by the attorney, and "I will be glad to give you any information you want after you have paid the debt." by Midland.  In an attempt to contact AT&T Midwest Consumer I could not find any listing of the company, and the only mention of this company that appeared on a Google Search was a link to another Ripoff Report filed by another complaintant.

I went to the court where this garnishment was authorized and inquired, but the only additional information they could give me is that apparently the original debt was for $779, and a case was opened and a hearing held in April of 2008.  Knowing that I should have been notified of this hearing I inquired as to the proof of service.  The company had posted a note to the door at an adress I had proof that I had moved from 5 months prior, and this was considered sufficient notification.  I attempted to file a dispute to the claim, and was told that even though that this was the first time I had been notified of the claim, I had failed to appear in 2008 and therefor have no grounds to appeal this judgeent against me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2017 07:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/midland-funding-llc-as-successor-in-interest-of-att-sbc-midwest-consumer/novi-michigan-48375/midland-funding-llc-as-successor-in-interest-of-att-sbc-midwest-consumer-mary-jane-ellio-1418375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content