X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Mt. Lebanon Office Equipment Company - Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
  • Mt. Lebanon Office Equipment Company 1817 Banksville Road Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Mt. Lebanon Office Equipment Company promised one thing but delivered another. Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Recently I opened an office and needed some furniture. I went to Mt. Lebanon Office Equipment Co. and decided to purchase a desk and some other miscellaneous items. I paid over $2000 for a desk and credenza set. The salesman assured me not to worry because they do buy back their furniture. He pointed out that the price would be based on age and condition but they would offer a reasonble amount if I needed to sell it back.

I closed my office 18 months later. I aproached Mt. Lebanon Office Equipment about buying the items back. I was offered $100 not just for the desk but for EVERYTHING in my office which included executive chairs, a bookcase, sideboard, two other desks and credenzas, 3 file cabinets and other items. It worked out to be about $10 per item. They were willing to basically pay me about $10 for a $2000 desk set that was only 1 1/2 years in age and in perfect condition. Just so they can turn around and sell it for probably $1000 to $1500.

I accept that I made the mistake of purchasing rather than renting. At the same time I feel that Mt. Lebanon Office Equipment Company is both unethical and misleading in its business practices.

Gwyn
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2008 07:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mt-lebanon-office-equipment-company/pittsburgh-pennsylvania-15216/mt-lebanon-office-equipment-company-promised-one-thing-but-delivered-another-pittsburgh-297234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair