X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: MyChoice Software LLC - Lake Forest California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Michael — Olmsted Township Ohio United States
  • MyChoice Software LLC 23706 Birtcher Drive Lake Forest, California United States

MyChoice Software LLC Sold software with which they were not in possession Lake Forest California

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

After looking through the inventory claimed by MyChoice Software on the website, I opted to purchase Open License versions of Microsoft Exchange 2016, and SQL Developers Edition as well as Server Standard. This purchase took place on March 22nd 2018 in the amount of $1,038.97. Monday March 26 came around and I still had email from neither MyChoice Software nor Microsoft.

I called numerous times to a phone system that played elevator music for several minutes and then cut me off. Finally after several attempts and at least two hours of trying, I reached someone that found my order. There was apearently some typo in the email address so I was sent another email with the activation key and link to the "evaluation version" of Windows Server 2016 Standard. While this is functional, and one is able to replace the activation license with a purchased license, it's a terrible pain to make this conversion and isn't exactly ethical on the part of MyChoice Software. They also informed me that the Open License agreements can take 24-48 hours and Microsoft is running behind. Since there was an error in the email address it may be another day or two before Microsoft gets those to me.

I let their sales person talk me into more purchases from their group after the argument about a typo holding things up seemed reasonable and plausible. I needed another Exchange seat, user CALs and an Office installation to complete my development and testers package so I went ahead and bought the remaining items on March 27th in the amount of $1,252.25.

End of the day on March 28th I still had nothing from Microsoft so I called their Volume License group (thinking that I would be on hold for an hour only to leave a message and maybe get a call back in a day or two) and spoke with a very polite person who kindly explained that the reseller, MyChoice Software LLC, should have provided the actual license key to me at the time of the purchase. That once the purchase was made, they would give me the key and inform Microsoft that they sold that key and it should be associated with my account. Then (in less that 24 hours) Microsoft would send me an email with my account information and the link where I could always go to download my software ISO and license info should I ever need it.

Frustrated, I called MyChoice Software again. Elevator music, disconnected.... Elevator music, disconnnected.... Elevator music, diconnected....

I got on a chat session with customer service and demanded to know where the deliverables were that they owed me as a result of my $2000+ expendature with their company. I again was told that Microsoft sends everything and it can take 3-5 days. I called their bluff and demanded to speak with manager and required that they call me or I call the authorities and report a fraud complaint. I received several IMs claiming they tried to call and it went right to voicemail, which I knew was a complete lie.

I explained that I spoke with Microsoft, and was informed about how the Open License agreements are sold and handled. I also explained that the polite person who helped me at the Microsoft service desk also tried to call their office and got NO ONE.

After all of that, crickets.... No more IM, no more email, and certainly no telephone calls or voicemails as I was told. As soon as I'm done with this report, I'm calling the Lake Forest Police department and filing a complaint against this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2018 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mychoice-software-llc/lake-forest-california-92630/mychoice-software-llc-sold-software-with-which-they-were-not-in-possession-lake-forest-ca-1436392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair