Complaint Review: Narconon Fresh Start - Glendale California
Narconon Fresh Start NARCONON FRESH START d/b/a SUNSHINE SUMMIT LODGE, JLB RANCH and HUNTINGTON HARBOR HOUSE - California, Texas and Nevada Misinformation, careless treatment for drug rehab Glendale California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
My adult child was admitted to the Fresh Start drug rehab program for an addiction to herion. He and I were given invalid information by the Fresh Start staff and website and I believe he was mistreated and the staff did not provide care and oversight. I paid $33,000 for his enrollment. Brief summary of issues:
- Was never notified that Fresh Start was affiliated with Narconon.
- Was told my son could use his perscription medications for depression if needed
-Web site indicated that non-narcotic perscriptions can be used
-Staff appeared to be only former drug addicts that were in recovery
- My son my moved from Nevada to California back and forth 4 times in the first 2 or 3 weeks. The final move was against my son's wishes.
- Son allowed to visit psychiatrist nearby and he recommeded medication for my son's depression and anxiety. However the staff said they do not allow any medications under any circumstances so he was not allowed to take any medications for his depression and anxiety. He was allowed to smoke cigarettes however! Also the first week he was under the care of Fresh Start he was in detox and was given medications.
- After about 4 weeks total, 4 moves and a rotating set of counselors (all appeared to be former addicts), he was sent to a local California hostial for observation of his depression. The staff could not tell me anything about where he was or what was going to happen. He was still enrolled in the Fresh Start program.
- Two days later my son was discharged from the hospital. No one from Fresh Start was following up on him or asked about his status or whereabouts. My son disappeared for several weeks and is now back on drugs.
- Fresh Start never called me about this and apparently made no attempt to follow up with the hospital nor made any attempt to contact my son (he had his cell phone for some reason).
- I feel they miscommuicated how their treatment worked and lied to both my son and I about his access to perscription medication for his depression and anxiety.
- I feel his treatment was unprofessional, careless and ineffective.
- I feel they failed in their committment to provide safe treatment as my son was allowed to leave with no notification or attempt to account for him.
- To my knowledge they never shipped my son's clothing and personal items to him even though multiple calls and voicemails were made.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2018 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/narconon-fresh-start/glendale-california-91204/narconon-fresh-start-narconon-fresh-start-dbasunshine-summit-lodge-jlb-ranch-and-hu-1426449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.