Complaint Review: - Nationwide

• Submitted: Sat, February 17, 2001
  • Updated: Tue, April 23, 2002
  • Reported By: daisy ga

• Nationwide

as i have seen in some reports i am also someone who got ripped off. i recieved a letter from capito choice saying that if i would call the 1-800 number i would get a credit card. well i called me and my husband both talked to this man and i asked him about the credit card he missled me and i thought i was going to aget a 4000.00 credit card from the way he talk so i told them they could take out the 199.00 fee. and when i got the package lo and behold it wasn't for a master or visa it was for there company catalogs. i was upset so i called and the woman told me that i miss understood and that she could not refund my money. But i clearly remember asking the man was this a master card and he said yes i would get a CREDIT card for 4000.00. this is how he turned it around too make me believe that it was a master or visa i was getting for 4000.00. he just said a credit card and i didn't catch on. when the lady got through from being rude she just said mam just order your self something from the book i was so upset that i hung up on her. the things in the book wasn't even worth ordering out of so please be carefull and listen carefully when talking too people like this they are ripoffs and will rip you off. it might even be a good idea if you can too ask them if you can record their conversation for asurrance too. if they don't want too then something is wrong. capito choice ripped me off for 199.95.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nationwide/capital-choice-beware-4482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

you hear what you want to hear

AUTHOR: MARY - ()

first of all the program is National Credit Shopper not capital choice that is a nother program. and all of our call are being recorded and if you want to hear the conversation our compliance department will be more than happy to play it for you, and if someone miss represented to you you will get a complete refund.

If you would listen to what the sales person was saying the second line of the script says this card is NOT a visa or a Mastercard! and preseds to say how you can earn-a-bank card! if you have bad credit and cant obtain a real credit card anywhere else then this is a good program!

Its not the companys fault. That you only hear what you want to hear. I know if i got a postcard in the mail and i called it and they asked me for 199.95 that is done through a bank to bank transfer i would ask a whole lot of question!

I know personally i always asked my customers DO YOU COMPLETLY UNDERSTAND WHAT IT IS I AM OFFERING TO YOU OR DO YOU HAVE AN QUESTIONS? And i have worked there over a year and maybe 2 or 3 people said, "No can you please, repeat it?" Its not the our fault or the companys fault. you as a consumer spending 200.00 for a credit card you need to ask questions and understand or dont complain!